Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millenium Series - St Tropez predictions ?

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
Now the dust has gone from us and our kit,

Venue sucked we sucked.

We totally stood on our own dicks with silly mistakes and naivete,

First game was just mistake after mistake after mistake, we didn't get a beating which a 4-0 score line would suggest we took them down to 1-2 players just couldn't finish the job.

Came into the second game and knew we were on it so we beat them 4-0

then the third game we had to win 4-1 which didn't happen again we took the game of them but at the end just gifted it back to them.

The hardest part to take of this being the first time ever we had not made a Sunday was knowing we could of done better and it was in our hands we didn't do this.

We know this now for Germany and hopefully the style and play we had last year will shine again.

As with the Vicious thing, last year we pitted for these guys because ledz asked us to with this being their first MS event and them covering for dynasty, we became close friends and they asked us if they could come over for some events, with us being down 2 players down for the first event and then another for Germany is was a simple yes please.

These guys are so cool and are a credit to their team and paintball their not the big iam pro players come over and say hi at the next events.

Reactions: Patch

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Nice honest review of the event from your perspective Markie.

The venue was OK, but nothing more, the Village accommodation varied from basic to adequate, and your experience depended where on the site you were located.

There were rumours of the venue having been booked tentatively for a three events, though I was told that it didn't come up to the basic spec the MS had stipulated for this event. If work on the venue continues it could be alright, though I suspect the take up of the on-site accommodation might be less, increasing pressure on the car parking, which ranged from awful to abysmal.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Mark, let the people who criticize you for having Vicious players on your roster think what they like - if it was them, they would jump at the chance of having US Pros on their squad.

I was genuinely surprised that you did not place - I have no doubt you will make up for it in Germany.

Dazzaster

Erm.... What does this trigger do?
Sep 2, 2005
North Norfolk
Impact will do their usual thing of turning up, and not really making an impact (haha, word play.) maybe expect to see a player ban, again.
Whilst I appreciate that these are your own views, wouldn't it be better if you encouraged all the uk teams to do well instead of ridiculing them? I know within the uk scene teams have bad blood between them but when it comes to the European scene wouldn't it be better if it all got dropped for that one long weekend and show unity in the uk... Don't we get slated enough as it is?

Yes maybe we (impact) did not do as well as we would of like but we managed to get a squad together and get out there.
We hav gone through quite a change during the off season and are still learning.

As for the player ban... Well like I said, I appreciate that these are your words : /

Thanks again for your kind words.

Dazz, LDN impact.

Oh before i forget, these words are my own and do not reflect the teams opinion.

Reactions: Talfryn

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
at least we have a team to turn up with dave which is far more than what you have and also if we are so bad how come 2 of your players want to join us ??? Once again i dont not want to turn this into another slagging match just thing you need to grow up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Talfryn

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
I know within the uk scene teams have bad blood between them but when it comes to the European scene wouldn't it be better if it all got dropped for that one long weekend and show unity in the uk.
Hear hear, in fact I for one wish the bad blood could all be swept aside with a bit of a "clean slate" attitude so more could be learned by inter team training and scrimmaging BEFORE the events to ( hopefully ) improve results for ALL the UK squads.
Most of this bad blood has built up over many many seasons, but started so simply and so long ago that most players have no idea how or why the rift is there in the first place.

Last edited:

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
I think they're butthurt over Dave's degrading comment. Scathing as it was, I think he was only writing what he has seen.

With respect Marco, some team's decisions off the field are hard to forget and impossible to ignore immediately. However, again, this is a poor choice of thread to have this conversation in so if you'd like to continue I suggest we start a new thread. (in the "handbags" section)