Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium Apathy !

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Yes but I think the date change caught people by surprise and only some teams could adapt. Problems with holidays is they are hard to change once booked especially when there are other parties to consider and the date change was just too late for some people
Im not saying everyone but far too many UK ballers coem up with far too many excuses, Holidays being one of them.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Sorry to hear that Pete. With respect you are the only one that tried, my guys look forward to all the tournaments and what I was trying to explain is that we fly 3000 + miles to play in Europe and reading all the posts it seems a shame that a lot more English teams are not playing. I have not heard but I hope Todd and Fatty got in this morning they had to fly overnight and I think they play at 6.00pm your time.

Regards old friend oops( fine aged refined person):p

Grays, it does seem ironic that some people would be more keen to fly over 3000 miles to get to Basildon than some of our domestic teams would travel 50 miles .... but as this thread has so clealy illustrated, we can moan all we like but in the end, we cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and if we ain't got the right type of people then we ain't got the right type of people, that's that!

The proud and competitive people within our midst, the ones who really do care about where we are in the scheme of things have just got to grin and suffer it because as someone suggested, 'why is it such a bad thing when people choose not to come to the Millenniums'?

And when we endeavor to answer that question, we begin to really understand what's important.
As some people might even suggest, this a cultural thing peculiar to us Brits and maybe I could handle that but how does that explain the position we held not so long ago where we ruled Europe and could contest with the Yanks.
If it were cultural then presumably that era would never have happened ....but it did ...we were the guv'nors in Europe and close to the Yanks.
But there is a light at the end of the tunnel ....but let me tell ya something, it's a frikkin long tunnel and at the moment, it looks about one photon in diameter from here :)

gfresh666

Nov 3, 2001
PA USA
Visit site
very well put and eloquent my friend

Grays, it does seem ironic that some people would be more keen to fly over 3000 miles to get to Basildon than some of our domestic teams would travel 50 miles .... but as this thread has so clealy illustrated, we can moan all we like but in the end, we cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and if we ain't got the right type of people then we ain't got the right type of people, that's that!

The proud and competitive people within our midst, the ones who really do care about where we are in the scheme of things have just got to grin and suffer it because as someone suggested, 'why is it such a bad thing when people choose not to come to the Millenniums'?

And when we endeavor to answer that question, we begin to really understand what's important.
As some people might even suggest, this a cultural thing peculiar to us Brits and maybe I could handle that but how does that explain the position we held not so long ago where we ruled Europe and could contest with the Yanks.
If it were cultural then presumably that era would never have happened ....but it did ...we were the guv'nors in Europe and close to the Yanks.
But there is a light at the end of the tunnel ....but let me tell ya something, it's a frikkin long tunnel and at the moment, it looks about one photon in diameter from here :)
The proud and competitive that quote hits the nail on the head and it is the crowning truth, Us teams are proud and the competitve nature is part of the American culture, hell they have 6 year old football camps and the kids are at
little leauge base ball for the same age. So by the time these kids get the age to play competive paintball it is part of theire psyche to be the best.

Say hi to the better half for me Pete,

Gray.