Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium - July 1 - 3rd - Bas Vegas!

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
First MS event I've been to for over 5 years. Went as a spectator on Saturday and thought it was massively underwhelming, especially when compared to how awesome Millenium Series events used to be. Beside Virtue who brought a full range, the trade stands were pretty rubbish. Unlike MS events of my day there just didn't seem to be much buzz, there wasn't really anything going on. I wanted to see a few smaller teams I know play but public access to fields other than the two with grandstands was really poor. The PA system for the main fields was almost non existent which didn't help following what was going on.

Saw some good games and of course it was great to see and catch up with a bunch of people I hadn't seen for years.

Reactions: cwkotw

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
The spectators seemed pretty lively during the 1v1s and Nations Cup, especially sat between the Russian and American fans during their opening game on Friday night! A lot of fightbacks going on too, missed watching most of the Sunday Club games due to our own schedule but could hear the crowds going absolutely mental during the finals.

It did seem like even fewer/smaller stalls than last year, and one less field running too with D3 and D4 sharing with the D1 and D2 fields - probably due to fewer teams playing, or possibly a benefit kicking in from M500 and Split Deck format (trying to sugar-coat it a bit!).

The onsite bar prices were a bit much too, especially food and soft drinks considering there's a retail park and an Asda only 5 mins drive away...

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
after what is being said ? do you think Money wise it was all worth it, > Travelling, Hotels, food, drinks, to Watch / Play and to get to the Venders to see all the Awesome goodies ????
or , do you think at CPPS is the be all and end all ???

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Hotel was a little pricey, but considering the Travelodge that was 40% cheaper had 0 water (no showers, no working toilets) for 2 days! I'm ok paying a little more.

I loved the event, the stalls were smaller but had the same amount of stuff in them as spain, just less room to wander around. Prices were pretty fair in the stalls, and I got to hang out with a lot of friends I only see at events, which is most of the fun for me.

In spain the Div 3 teams played on the SPL and Div 2 field. So I think with M500 the games are going faster? We definitely used the Div 2 field in Puget and Basildon last year as well.

Crowds seemed super into the pro games and nation games.

The 4 pounds for a pint, eh...a touch more than I remember from last year, I think it was 3 last year...might be wrong. No one cared about outside food/drink though being brought in so you weren't forced into the food tent. Although 1 pound for a shot was nice, and the chicken fillets were amazing lol.

The most interesting thing I saw was DYE didn't bring/sell any paint at all. All the DYE teams shot Pro Shar.

See everyone in Paris!

Reactions: Care_Bears

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
I was camping with half our team - it seemed pretty reasonably priced £80 for a pitch for the whole event, including electricity. We fit 6 on there very comfortably and the showers were pretty decent. Drinking water was 17p a bottle from Asda :) The other half either got hotels or lived nearby(ish), not sure how they got on!

I'm used to central London beer prices so £4 per pint wasn't unreasonable, but food was a bit crazy - at least include the chips for those prices rather than an extra £2.50! I tried the chicken wrap and stupidly asked for no veg, was more than a little disappointed with 3 small bits of fried chicken in a wrap...

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Now then, if we only would get confirmation that the next event is in Chantilly, or wherever it'll be so we can book early and avoid fees.

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
after what is being said ? do you think Money wise it was all worth it, > Travelling, Hotels, food, drinks, to Watch / Play and to get to the Venders to see all the Awesome goodies ????
or , do you think at CPPS is the be all and end all ???
The CPPS represents extremely good value ,gives you the 2day paintball experience if you want that and is an affordable season long series,for all abilities.But it cannot be the "be all and end all " as it is no more than a domestic championship. The majority of GB teams are perfectly happy to do CPPS and maybe the CC leg .We are falling behind Europe in competitiveness ,but as long as no one actually cares about that ,everyone's happy. NB the Pro Shar shot extremely well ,with no breakage issues and with daily drop testing of all batches (5 to choose from) .The paint coming in most fragile could be shot with no pot breaks even from diving wide players. Everyone said it was v straight .Can see this making it's way into the market place ,as only the GI 5 seemed to match that.

Last edited:

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Yea the Pro Shar was awesome, it's sold as Valken in the States and the UK :)

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Back to Chantilly! In the soccer stadium this time, near the old location. Pretty cool actually to play on the same pitch that England and other teams played their Euro games on.