Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

mirrors

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
as all/most sup air or hyperball fields are symmetrical along the 50, your mirror is the same bunker, but mirrored in the 50.

take a birds eye view, say you are in the back right coke can. if you look straight down on the field, your mirror would be opposite you, so in the back right coke as you see it from your eyes (their back left coke can)

hope you understand. whe you are at training. ask the guys around you. you'll soon get the hang of it

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I once had an argument about this matter....... Lemme draw a picture..hopefully it will make sense

Ok, right. In a mirror things are reversed ok? So in my opinion if i was in bunker A and there was a guy in bunker Y then he would be my MIRROR. Whereas if i was referring to a guy in bunker X then he would be my OPPOSITE. Personally i think that makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Broz

So you think it's mirroed diagonally, weird. if you imagine a mirror placed across the 50, your bunker in that mirror would be straight down the field to you, not reversed.

Jay,

As Mike said 99% of players take their "mirror" to be their exact same bunker as they look straight down the field, back can to back can, centre temple to centre temple or whatever.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Doesnt my method (now with picture u can actually make out) allow more flexibility becuase you can refer to both the one dead oposite and the one on the reversed corner....... I thought it made a hell of a lot more sense when u are talking about back guys and their oposition.....ahh well

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
Originally posted by TheBroz
I once had an argument about this matter....... Lemme draw picture..hopefully it will make sense

Ok, right. In a mirror things are reversed ok? So in my opinion if i was in bunker A and there was a guy in bunker Y then he would be my MIRROR. Whereas if i was referring to a guy in bunker X then he would be my OPPOSITE. Personally i think that makes a hellk of a lot more sense.
seems like you make up that 1% :D
opposite and mirror are too similar, and unless all of your team is on the same wavelength, things can get very confused if you complicate things.
whatever you find works best I suppose :)

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I think my point is that everyone on the team is made full aware of the difference so therfore when calls are made they can be a bit more acurate....without going into codes for every bunker on the field.

PS...ohh 700th post...phuntastic

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
like I said, whatever you guys find works best. if you all understand each other, obviously works well.

every team will have some different calls for different things.

(red stars <<<^^^ :D)

Dec 19, 2002
Scotland
Your mirror is the person who is in the oposite bunker from you, not diagonal or anything crazy like that.

If your playing in the back left your mirror will be the back guy directly in front of you ie. that teams back left, if your playing back centre your mirrior will be there back centre, if your on the tape at the start of a snake for example your mirror will be the homie at the other end of the snake tryin to blast u outa there.

Peace

Mak Daddy
:cool: