Middlesbrough
Visit site
Thought as much

No still cant manage it

still the same problem,

cock the gun

bottom screw right in

attch air

air leaks from vent hole, could the spring be knackered, therefore not forcing the reg to seal itself ???

It looks ok but ....

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Davo,

they need to be re-installed so the outside edge touch the edge of the next one. kinda facing each other.

( ) ( ) ( )

That would explain your probelms, as if there are stacked on top of each other ))))))

If you really are having problems and can't get this sorted, mail me your address and I'll post you a Torpedo reg I have spare, use it for the indoor and post it back to me next week.

Davo

Goldmember
May 9, 2002
Middlesbrough
Visit site
Thanks guys

Given up for the night, still no better !!

I'll double check everything tomorrow to make sure everything is as it should be, I'll change all the O rings etc just to be sure and have another go !

If no joy I may take you up on your very kind offer Beaker !

Thanks again guys, your help is very much appreciated, if not totally useless on this occaision :D :D :D :D :D :D

Only kidding

thanks again

Davo

Goldmember
May 9, 2002
Middlesbrough
Visit site
still got problems

OK I have chaged the O rings on the piston and piston stem and greased all the parts up again and put it all back together

still the air is leaking out of the small venting hole on the side of the reg

I give up what on earth can be wrong with it ??????

Anyomore ideas anyone ???

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Well, the only way I can see the gas is even getting to that hole is around either the piston or piston stem o-rings, so it has to be related to one of them.

Only things I can suggest are:

rebuilding the reg yet again, checking nothing is preventing the seal on the piston stem oring in particular. put a little grease on these orings too.

When it's assembled, screw the adjuster all the way in real tight, that should help the piston stem seal before you put gas through it

add gas as quick as possible to try and seat the oring and also once the gas is oon full, screw the adjuster out and back in a couple of times quite fast to get the seal.

Or

Mail me your address :)

Davo at work

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Problem solved !!!

Rebuilt the reg again, the Washer that fits over the shaft of the piston has a small lip on one side, which I was sure was te side the O ring was on when I removed it

anyway in my desparation last night, put that washer in the other way round, which I was sure was not right and Hey presto ! the poxy thing worked perfectly.

All that p1ssing around and worrying and it was something as simple as that , the annoying this was I'm sure I has tried that earlier in the process but it did not work, perhaps changing the O rings helped too !

Anyway thanks a bunch for your time and input guys and I only hope I can repay the favour someday !

Thanks again