Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Most efficient pump?

piercee100

Feb 16, 2009
So what is the most efficient pump? My Empire Trracer was set at 271fps with a fresh 12g and gets 20 faily consistant good shots and 50 total (above 200fps). My Unibody Phantom get's around 40 total and my Sterlings around 35 and the Tippmann SL68II only gets around 25. Of course, they could all be tuned. What do you get? Does anybody even use 12g's anymore lol?

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
mcarterbrown.com is the site for you, endless discussion on it over there, I think the current conclusion is an old nelson built from a box of spares achived 60 (from the attic ep7 - search on youtube) and some people were reporting 50 from a regulated sniper.

Theres even discussions on there about the calculations of how much power there is in a 12 gram, and a thread with hundreds of pages called "project lepricorn" (or something like that) about designing the perfect valve.

the main things that us mere mortals can gain from it is that temperature is the biggest factor, followed by time between shots, followed by relative bore size (tight is better) followed by barrel lengh, followed by changer position (drop out valves do well). Beyond that you're into discussions about flow path, devolumisation vs tuning for liquid or gas only.

40 from your phantom is good, I change the co2 at about 20 or 30 depending on the temp on the day in my trraccer and on my VSC phantom I wait until I notice the pressure starting to drop on the gauge.

To give you an idea of how much the temp effects it I've seen 600 on the gauge on a fresh CO2 in the middle of winter and 1200 psi on a scorching day one summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: H

piercee100

Feb 16, 2009
Damn, that's a huge difference in psi, yes I know paint to bore matches help. Sterling seems really fat at the moment which is great, since it all seemed so small a year or two ago. I was just bored this morning so set up my pumps in the garden to see what would work after so long in storage with 26 12g's, a chrono and a lever arm changer for company haha

Reactions: Canon Fodder