Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mugging

Myth

Jason Wheeler
Feb 11, 2004
London
Visit site
Well, ive learned the hard way and i picked it up pritty fast..
ive noticed if you WALK up to a bunker (crouch and walk) the person behind it is obviously gonna pop his head up and pick you off so ive figured out a simple way of getting round it..

ok.. go stright into the center of the bunker this is his blind spot and will only look right and left and only has a certain amount of view before having to move his whole body round the bunker to take you so you have time to reacte/plan for what your gonna do.. i whould keep low and just snape shoot once he wont see it coming..

hope this helped..

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
nice theory

but...aint gonna be much use im afraid....theres only one way to fend off a mugger and thats blind luck!!!!!

even if you know where hes coming from chances are you are at best going to take each other out

Rich H

Aug 29, 2002
Cambridge
its not the person ur going to mug you necessarely ahve to worry about, its the peeps shooting his/her blind spots and covering him....

Rich

Dec 19, 2002
Scotland
Word to tha Rich,

Myth unfortunetly on the field you've got more to think about than just if your megee is gonna cum out n get you, you need to watch all his mates to ;)

Mak D
:cool:

Fi$h

FunKy-a$$ FleA Ba$$isT
Mar 20, 2003
So$co/Manc/Marseille
Visit site
Muggings come from instinct. Proper muggings/runs happen when your instict literally picks you up and does the shiZnit. When your playing a game and its down to like 5 of you and 3 of them, there should be a subconscious checklist that fills itself out and makes an alarm go off on your head (Like...where the 3 are looking, where the blind-spots are and the mugging lanes etc.). Something that works if your crazy is mugging people who wouldnt ever expect it from where you're playing on the field...for example, if you are on the left 25 and someone makes a move into the right 50, you can run in an arc across the field and do him, and from there either take his barricade or keep goin (dont recommend the latter in most situations). Other great things to do are mugging folk who've made a daring run to a key barricade on your 50 or even 25, because chances are they've made that move outa instinct and their team aint totally aware of it. Your team will be spraying their barricade and he'll be sitting there trying to make like a sponge. You have like 2 seconds to counter it in the confusion. To be good at mugging you need to try crazy stuff and learn from situations that make you go down in blood and paint.......get the Lust.

Fi$h

Jun 12, 2002
Camb's
www.your-ass-is-grass.com
Fi$h got it right there, I used all the Zen budhist skills I could muster at my last tourny and bust a move to the snake, no one in their right mind would have tried it (err thats why i did! ) and within 5 seconds I was mugged out of their 'cos i was a danger on thir 40. Only just recovered from the super man dive and BLAM, some geezer mugged my ass, no one could cover my mugger as no one knew I was going (dont feel too bad though, i got him,cheers Jags X, bruise went in 2 weeks :p ) Its all about that little devil in the back of your mind saying do it, do it. If you think about it, its often too late!

Laterz

JnR1981

May 12, 2004
S Wales UK
Headshot Apoc I agree with your last staement if your thinking about doing it, its already too late. I know I made this mistake. Leant out saw the gap, leant back in thought about a mugging run for what was probably about 2 seconds and by the time Id got out from behind my barricade there were two barrels pointing at me and then came the strole to the dead box.