Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mw3

Adamantium

Modfather
Oct 25, 2006
London
www.tech4.tv
Thoughts anyone? - im a true COD fanboy, i admit it, i havent bought BF3 because of it. I like to get in there, kill and kill and i dont have time to be parachuting in, or spending 10 mins looking to pop someone.

So, i bought MW3, after MW2 turned out to be very good (minus the noob tube nuke hunters) it was a pretty good game. Black ops blew me away, very very good, and no stupid amounts of kills for a nuke. - Anyway, MW3 in my opinion, is more like MW2.5. Lets change the maps, and the streaks, repackage it, and make loads of money. Looks like im not the only one either, it has not outsold black ops.

The final straw was the serious lagging for some reason, i emptied a whole magazine into a little twerp the other day, and he stabbed me, watching the kill cam, i was shooting away from him. Also shooting around the corners (where you run round a corner once getting shot at, yet you still die, and they dont have some kind of magic penetrate all bullets). Needs fixing big time, hence the disc was ripped from my ps3, and launched across the room, and black ops was inserted again, where there is no lagging or wall killing.

Anyone else want to share/agree/disagree?

Ads

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
I'm a COD fanboy, but I hated Black Ops with a passion - possibly moreso than any other game I've played. It looked awful, played awful and felt to me like the designers decisions were motivated only by what would be appealing after the success of MW2 (modern setting, modern weapons, so on and so forth) rather than building upon the success of their own style of game (WW2 shooters).

This is exactly why the MW series and BO are two completely different games. They're from different designers running different engines, and the only thing they share, in my opinion, is the COD title. They aren't directly comparable in that respect, and nobody would be attempting to if they were named differently. The reason MW3 feels like MW2.5 is because it's the direct continuation of the MW games, not the COD games overall or Treyarchs games (though I actually do agree with you here).

Anyway, enough of the Blops hating :D

I'm disappointed by MW3. It is an improvement over MW2 in terms of gameplay, but not by leaps and bounds. All it feels they've done it taken out many of the annoying tactics and features of the last game and released a map pack. Everything about it, strictly speaking, is much much better - the weapons are better, leveling is better, nothing is overpowered - but none of it feels new or exciting for me. Having put 14 days of play into MW2 and getting bored of it, I can't bring myself to play MW3 for fun without a big group of people to mess around with. It would be amazing if I hadn't played MW2 to death, I'm literally just bored of it already :(

I haven't had any serious lag (which I did with blops, funnily enough), no more than I did in MW2. IMO I don't like the maps at all, they're too cluttered. There's no good sight lines and no cross-map gameplay, taking a sniper out is pretty much a null and void task because of this. They're just not as fun to play as the maps on MW or MW2, there's no variance in them. They're boring.

And the clan tag hackers have got at it already, which isn't fun to see.

But yeah, agree. Increasingly underwhelming in almost every respect. I'm more tempted by Skyrim now.

But like hell am I going to play Black Ops :p

SabreWolf

Jan 25, 2005
Manchester
none
I am a fan of cod up to MW and WaW, anything after that to me, was just churned out, manufactured crap designed to corner the console market, and nothing is any different with this latest incarnation of MW2, after watching someone play it for half an hour, nothing at all impressed me with this game, its all been done before in the previous titles and just looked to be more of the same.

I have also played BF3 and tbh it oblitorates MW3 in every single department.
The OP mentioned he bought MW3 so he didnt have to wait 10 minutes to get into the action, this is not the case at all, you can spawn right in the action if you like, plus you get to fly around in apache gunships and jets, aswell as tanks etc.

I personally after looking at both games, dont think there is even a choice to be made for which game to buy in my personal opinion BF3 is really that good and MW3 just simply lacks any real imagination as far as an FPS goes but each to their own i guess :)

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
I recently borrowed MW3 from a mate - yeah, its basically a £50 map pack. Not worth it!! Then again, it feels like they've smoothed out some of the annoying things from MW2. As for black ops - It was alright, but not half as engaging as MW2. Thinking about it, I'm gonna go renew my Xbox Live and play a bit of MW2... see you online!

Kitch

Super'5ives'Man
Jul 10, 2001
Sexy South
Visit site
The PC version is dogs mess, I have never ever been so bitterly dissapointed in a game, my clan shares a TS with another large clan, and within 2 days of release people were back playing black ops or bf3. I know pc is the smallest of the markets in terms of console sales but all we have seen from COD after the first modern warfare is a diminishing title concentrating on $'s. I'm off to play BF3

chewygmb

Nov 14, 2011
activision and treyarch haven't yet got a CoD game right on release theres ALWAYS months of patching before its smooth...i dont get why its stupid!!!

i got it on Xbox this time and must say im loving it, i knew i'd love it anyway. the new team behind this game have done CoD proud in my eyes!

Mello

Sep 19, 2003
Romford
Visit site
this game has the stench of treyarch all over it, hence why its a poo poo game. Im so upset lol.

Battlefield 3 had so much money thrown at it by EA it was silly, who the hell said it was a cod killer ?? oh thats right the fanboys and critics who they sent the game to who they knew would rate it good.

Battlefield 3 is for pc and thats the only way to play it :D

Also lets face it EA games are rubbish unless they dont make them lol or they happen to own all the official rights like in fifa. Lets face it, fifa 12 is a rubbish game and it only sells coz your not playing as wayne roonay and its a shame pro evo just gave up haha.

When can you honeslty say with a game you have played it really blew you away.

Batman arkham city was amazing, attention to detail, button bashing but not as you know it. Was new and fresh !!

Sorry about the rant but its rubbish that you spend £40 on a game and its erm......rubbish :( and then you trade it in for another game lose money and get another rubbish game haha