Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

My Experience as a Noobie

Bryso16v

Jul 22, 2013
Cumbernauld
www.elliott-images.co.uk
So i Havent, posted anything for a while and thought id give you guys an update, Ive had my dam a while now, its the gen 1 bolt in it and when you try to increase the velocity is leaks, so its sitting around 260 at the moment, ive got a walk-on on sunday and then the bolt is being sent to Dye for exchange(foc, thanks Dye). I took the Marker out on the walk-on(23rdDec) and it shot great, although i felt it wasnt giving the distance it should, so before the next game, i swapped the standard barrel out and put my deadly winds with a bore matched freak insert. WOW, what a major improvement this marker is awesome. and the paint fly's.

As the Dam is also magfed, aswell as hopper fed, I attended the recent, event held at The Stan in sheffield, an airsoft site, which has been opened up for magfed paintball. its an awesome site and i hope to get back there fairly soon. the day was great with around 15 players either site. Now this event seems to have stired up some negativity flying around which i dont understand. as this event was advertised as magfed, but did allow, tac caps etc and there was also TGR2's available to hire at no additional cost. so anyone could come and play without spending anymore money on gear and plenty folks did, with just about all the hire guns being used.

I have found that i really enjoy the milsim thing, getting camo'd up and getting in to the the spirit of milsim. also playing magfed was very different to playing a walk-on, as at a walk-on, if youre up close and move between bunkers etc, you tend to get peltered with paint. playing magfed/limited ammo, this doesnt happen, maybe a couple of shots, but its a lot more tactical and cqb style of play is real intense :). I also had a new dilema playing magfed, as with the opposite team pushing forward and knowing im seconds away from a fire fight, i need to make a choice, start the fight with the paint in my mag(how much have a got, ehh i wasnt counting each shot,"bugger") or dump whats left and start from scratch giving myself the best chance of getting out this fight. its awesome! so my next marker is going to be a magfed marker and im currently looking at a tgr1(but these are limited edition so i might miss out or a milsig para pro) but i also want to add a etek to my kit bag at some point as i love painball and want to try supair too at some point in 2014. my Hotel is all booked for paintfest, maybe ill get a chance there :)

so enough from me at the moment, im playing at what i class as Home on sunday at the scottish paintball centre, for there walkon and im playing there limited ammo game on the 23rd Feb, green ops :), hopefully i can see some of guy guys there :).

enough rambling from me, for the time being. over and out :D

Craggit

Dec 24, 2013
Inverurie, Aberdeen
Hey!

I enjoyed reading your update. I'm looking to get myself kitted out. It's essentially been narrowed to an Etha with an EMC kit on it or a DAM. In your opinion how is the DAM? It's a bit pricier than I was thinking, but if it's good enough to justify the price then I'd suck it up and get one! They seem to hold their value, although if it is great I would not be worried about resale.

How easy to maintain is the DAM? Have you had any major problems? Recurring issues etc? Please be as honest and brutal as possible before I part with my money!

Craig :0)

Stealey

Mar 3, 2014
I've been playing for 6mo ths now one of the best sports I have ever been involved in