Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

My my, how the cookie crumbles ...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I go away for a year’s sabbatical and what happens?
The scum begin to crawl out of the sewers of our sport spewing forth all manner of faeces and slime-ball remarks.
Every now and then though, we get a real humdinger hit the fan which reality-checks us out of our arm-chair; over the past year or so, coinciding with my absence [I think there may be a connection here] certain people have been indulging themselves at my expense, no real problem so far, we’ve encountered many an as$hole with a big mouth in paintball before, we breed them it seems.
By the way, this particular instance has absolutely nothing to do with Mr JA …let’s make that clear from the start …
Generally, I get to hear what's being said because I'm lucky enough to have enough friends in the sport who aren't too comfortable with the sort of crap that was being put around, or alternatively, people were getting bored and wanted to grab the popcorn and witness an intellectual massacre.
I hope it’s the former but wouldn’t be surprised if there was a smidgen of the latter ..

A lot of BS is generally recognised as just that but every now and again, something’s said that resets the bar when it comes to indulging one’s self…. I'm talking about an individual who's crossed my path before on here over a year ago.
Scumbags who say things will tend to work upon the premise that the person they BS about isn’t gonna result in a face to face especially when their own confrontational abilities are only in their mind …. this is par for the course and is thoroughly consistent with the type of personality disorder this guy suffers from.

In fact, these people rely on the fact the sh!t they spout won’t get back to the person they’re BS’ing about and even if it does, their self-delusion in these types is so persistent as to insulate the scum-slime from any rational reflection, basically, they get carried away on their own misplaced confidence and ego.
They may well try and sound brave by suggesting they don’t care if the focus of their BS is told what’s been said but this is because they don’t feel as though they will ever be held accountable anyway, it’s easy to be brave when you think there’s gonna be no come-backs …
If you add into that mix, this type personality disorder not only hosts megalomanic tendencies but they also suffer from a profound insecurity, both physical and intellectual usually brought about by some childhood trauma such as him not getting any toy-soldiers to play with, awwwww bless!!!!
His behaviour pattern seems paradoxical because their sub-conscious is racked with insecurity but their behaviour is all about compensation hence the BS and bravado.
Basically, they are so full of themselves, so used to distorting the truth, they really do believe their own hype.
You see a lot of this behaviour when working as a doorman – some guys get so drunk outa their skulls, they really do believe they can fight like Mike Tyson when the reality is, their fighting skills are more akin to Mike Tyson’s grannie Bess. I once knew a guy who acted in similar fashion and he too had these delusions of grandeur and believed he couldn’t be touched, let’s call him Thomas … well, unfortunately for Thomas, circumstances [and reality] didn’t exactly concur with his sense of self-importance and he was eventually 'brought to account' for his indulgencies.
This particular guy had broken the camel’s back after pis$ing off people one too many times, the circles he was moving in at the time didn’t really appreciate the type of BS he was indulging himself in.
The problem when telling lies and BS’ing that involve other people, is, you never really know just how far the target of the BS will go when he finds out … it really is a crap-shoot out there when you do things like this.

As to the nature of the crap being spewed forth?
Well, on Monday, I went to lunch with a paintball friend of mine and he recounted an interesting tale, apparently, I’d been threatened by this particular slime-ball and it resulted in me backing down and scurrying away to lick the wounds inflicted to my pride … Eeeeekkkk!!!!!!
‘Wow, how interesting’ I thought …. I wasn’t aware of being threatened and wondered how and when this intimidation had taken place, I suppose I might have been sleep-walking when the threat was made but I put that possibility on the back-burner and defaulted to the more reliable possibility of this particular person trying to look the big man in my absence … Now, this of course is his prerogative if his claim were true …… but alas for him, no such event took place, not even close, in fact, I’ve never even met this guy - but if it did happen, it occurred in LA LA Land.
I think he was just working on the premise that the people he told wouldn’t know the truth and so knew no better, and if you look up the symptoms of megalomania, their actions tend to indicate a dislocation with reality, and the world they tend to create around themselves has no checks and balances that would otherwise result in moderated behaviour … basically they are a law unto their delusional self .. it’s quite interesting really but not a practical or credible defence, leastwise in my book it ain’t.
All potential consequences of this BS are laughed off by his type amid a flurry of self-justification and bravado… wow, I wish I had his confidence.
Mind you, if and when these individuals do have to face the consequences in whichever way is decided, they’re behaviour undergoes a seismic shift as the harsh reality hits home ..
Quite comical really … if a little tragic but hey, clinical help is available for these people but for one slight technical detail, these people really don’t know they are psychologically damaged, they genuinely believe everyone else is at fault and never them.
They end up drinking so much gin they become deluded and the world is viewed through the bottom of a glass instead of through their eyes.
Anyways, onto the second of his claims, he told another friend of mine [about 6 months ago] that he had run me out of paintball and was responsible for my absence, frikkin’ eck, that’s one helluva claim there both in scope and consequence … the problem he has when saying things like this to my friend is, my friend was well aware, as are all my friends/mods in paintball, they’re all aware of why I took my sabbatical - I really had no choice in the matter and the nature of the reason I had to have my break kinda makes this situation even worse.

… it’s as though this scum-bag took advantage of the reasons I was away and hi-jacked my absence for the purposes of looking the big man … I suppose, all the people who know me who have heard this crap would immediately recognise it was BS; the only people who wouldn’t be aware, I won’t know them anyway and so why should I care?
Good question, I’ll get back to you guys when I can dredge up an answer … but in the meantime, let’s put it down to a case of family honour.

As to what happens now?
Not sure really, when things like this have happened on here before, I will drip feed the details and there’s a reason for that but before the drip is connected up, I’d like to state my case:-
No such threat was ever issued to me [on my kids’ lives] but …. seeing as the nature of this threat issued was allegedly physical, I was forced to think of something that could help resolve this matter - far be it from me to get involved in violence or anything so terrible as that but I’ll reluctantly make an exception here and I think we can set up a meet somewhere and I’m prepared to entertain his delusions of grandeur.
And just so the post-confrontation account isn’t ambiguous in any way, we can get someone to video it - and that way, there’s no BS possible after the dust has settled.
Now, a couple of things are likely here, when this scum-slag hears of this post, he will do one of two things, the most likely will be to deny making the threat, he doesn’t mind lying his ass off again it’s part of his life, he believes that if he denies making the threat, it then invalidates any reason for ‘meeting with me’ .. basically, he’s gonna cluck his way out of his Colonel Sanders house and steer well clear of any real confrontation..
There’s always an inherent problem when you BS about things like this, and that is, you have to deliver the goods if it all comes on top or …. you really do look kinda foolish and cowardly … and so let’s hope he’s a man [of sorts] and feels honour-bound to back up his threat …fingers crossed :/
Secondly, he will try to turn the tables and attack me [not physically of course, he ain't got the ability or balls for that] with accusations of causing trouble, being a thug, deluded or whatever …. And violence would be beneath him thus elevating himself clear of any potential confrontation … this is just another clucking retreat on his part, though I will concede it would suggest he has at least one brain cell that is in working order, even if it is episodic.
You must remember here, this guy was the one who threatened the physical stuff, he is the person responsible for this descending into violence - I am merely trying to accommodate him, that's all.
I'm nice like that .....
As to why I should even bother with this as$hole?
Another good question, I think I’d describe my reason as ‘it’s been coming’, and an impending need for Karma … it would soothe my troubled brow..

On only three occasions in the past twelve or so years we have had this forum has anyone supposedly threatened me physically like this guy has … two occasions resulted in the guys going on the missing list when it was time to put up or shut up, they just squirmed back to whichever hole they came from, and as for the third guy?
I accidentally met him at an event.. I didn’t break any laws or bones but let’s say his resolve melted when I spoke with him … he was a wimp, a real keyboard warrior/wimp kid, a kid in dire need of a new pair of underpants .. actually I felt quite sorry for him but hey, I didn’t ask him to threaten me .. but such is the behaviour of these type miscreants.
The internet insulates people from most consequences giving rise to so many wannabees acting the hard man … reality however, sometimes pops up in front of you and begs to differ.

This recent BS’er could seize an opportunity here by taking advantage of the situation .. well, not to put too finer a point on things, I’m getting old …. well actually, that’s not true, I AM old and so, if this guy gets trained up, I’m sure he can easily dispatch me back to my nursing home ..but then again he might use my age to chicken out by suggesting I’m too old to beat up ..awwwww, such sympathy is commendable but we will all know it’s just another device for cluck, cluck, clucking out of it …still, it’s a curious case this one.
Let’s see how the dice fall … woo hoo, life gets interesting again .. let’s see who puts their head above the parapet …
I wasn’t planning to come back for about anothear 6 months but I really couldn’t let this slide but maybe I should just leave this alone because most people in our industry know full well what he’s like but I’m afraid I just can’t leave it … I look forward to the ensuing and inevitable ‘discussion’…. I think it might be best if you order the popcorn now J

Last edited:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I've just thought of an appropriate addendum here and I want people to read this because it's important when reading the above post.
I've little doubt this prihk's [or indeed his little band of merry men] responses will follow on traditional lines in that my tirade is inappropriate, delusional or reckless ... as far as the people who will read this above, it could be true, how would they know any different?
There have been 3 or 4 similar attacks by me that have occurred in the past 5 years or so.
The first was when some idiot set himself up as a compressed air supplier for the paintball fraternity which is fine, I got no problem with that but ... he was operating his machinery in a way that compromised the health and safety of all those around him at tournaments.
He was allowing under-age staff to operate the compressed air machinery and there was an incident that could have been disastrous but for mother luck.
This guy needed to go .. and so, I, and others, took it upon ourselves to go public and recommend our site owners and tourney promoters not to employ his company ... we prevented him operating any more.
This forum seemingly had power, and it was the right sort of power because it involved the very fraternity that were being threatened by this rogue trader.
Some time after that, we had a guy who was caught stealing other baller's equipment, not only that, he set himself up as some sort of self-proclaimed marker expert and people sent him markers to upgrade in some way.
One particular kid sent him his marker and not only did the prihk in question steal the marker, he went on line boasting about it ... and revelling in the fact this kid could do nothing about it.
As soon as we were made aware of this, we made sure recompense was forthcoming and the guy was banned from all sites and events ....
We have had two or three other instances of fraudulent trading where people have been conned out of their money or product by as$holes .. each and every time we have intervened and made sure these people are exposed and never come back here again.
When our members lose money because of a fraudulent claim, I have reimbursed the money they lost - if they manage to get their product back or they receive the money from the person who scammed them, they send me the money back.
We have also got mods who actually go round people's houses to try and retrieve any fraudulently acquired products and so we really do try to look after not only our members but also paintball at large.

Whilst some people may accuse me of this, that and whatever, the reason I wrote the above post is entirely consistent with previous onslaughts.
One of the reasons we are able to do this is because we aren't in anyone's pockets here on P8nt, nobody can yank my chain by telling me what to do or what not to do ... people have tried in the past, oh my they have tried but I must have been doing something right because the best way to tell is to bear in mind these two factors :-

Firstly, I have NEVER been sued, never even had a case against me filed.
This may change but WTF, I ain't got frik all anyway and so I can't lose anything, what are they gonna threaten me with???
Legally?
Big deal, I'd rather take the consequences thanks but I won't be bullied by anyone !!

Secondly, if I was as bad as people make out, don't you think the industry at large would want to distance themselves from me [p8ntballer.com] in terms of taking their advertising away?
If you care to look at any Euro forum or website, take at look at who advertises with them ... our site hosts the largest number of advertisers, in fact, since I took over, we have managed to significantly increase the number of advertisers we have on board - this does not happen if I'm some sort of maverick wild-card indulging myself in lord knows what.

I stand by what we've done previously, and I stand by what I'm doing now .... there are things rippling below the surface here and I will have no problem drip-feeding these details as we go along.
I still haven't made up my mind just how far down the rabbit-hole I'm gonna go with this but whatever happens, if I wanna go public with my opinion or indeed reporting past actions by anybody ... I will do exactly that !!

Peace out !

Last edited:

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
I heard he was 10 ft tall, can shoot fire from his eyes and lightning from his a**e! (or was that the Aussie Scot geezer??)

jfp

May 13, 2011
Oxford
Alas can't see a lot on my phone so logged onto the website to find he is the owner :) so question retracted

Reactions: Bolter

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Last I heard, Robbo was in the Arctic circle, single handedly protecting the polar bear population with his bare hands, amazingly being accepted into their species after 'ironing out' the largest bear in the 'ice-manor'.
Before that, rumor had it that he was responsible for the devastating hurricanes that hit the Carolinas in '09 - was this payback for a disappointing vacation where he was wrongly accused of 'talking funny'? We may never know.
In the late 80's he was responsible for 'Tomorrows World' going off the air. No-one knows what happened here, but that Judith woman with the long dark curly hair has never been seen since...

Those are just the rumours I think are true. Some of the others are way out there...

Reactions: Vimto and Sbcoyr

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Rat - I'm fine thanks Al, say 'hi' to mum and sis for me !!

jfp - Frikkin' eck, I didn't think I'd been away that long ...

@Missy - if only mate, if only ..... I think myself and Ged think the same about scum-slime, I've never known anybody estrange so many industry people in such a short time, he's a real piece of work.
I hear he's also stated that Lips are the number 1 enemy and he will destroy them, his words Missy .... and if anyone knows those guys at Lips [Chris and Jon] they are stand up guys who keep themselves to themselves and don't cause trouble. We'll all make damned sure he fails in his laughable threats to Lips ... once again, another prime example of megalomania gone mad ...