Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

My theory...

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
I have a theory about paintball and other sports...

I think that nowadays most people play typical sports in school and with friends, and they're either good or bad at it. Those who are good play for the school team and clubs outside of school, and those lucky enough will maybe get selected to go to an academy or play at county/regional level. From there they are more influenced by the money and rewards the sport will bring and lose all passion for the sport and just be swayed by the material rewards.

Now paintball on the other hand is a sport that most people stumble across. I only found out about the tournament side of the sport after a rental down at Bricketwood. Loved the adrenalin rush, so did some research, found a team, and now i'm hooked. people play paintball because they love it and are passionate about the game, and still get that buzz off it like when they first played. It is highly unlikely, even at a proffessional level that people can live off of playing paintball, it isn't something you can get a career from unlike football for example.

And the results? Well they speak for themselves really! Just look at how well the GB team and all the UK teams did in Millennium series this year: Nexus 4th in CPL; Tigers 1st in SPL; Defiance GI first in Division 1; Lucky 15's 1st and DV8 2nd in Division 2; and great showings from all other UK teams as well: Firm 5th and Relentless 6th in Division 1; Samurai MV 6th and Tigers 4 10th in Division 3, but there's too many teams to name them all. So to me it seems that having a real passion and love for the game creates the most success compared to those swayed by money.

Paintball is the one sport that us British can be proud of and succeed in (y)

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
You can totally have a career in paintball Stephen.

It just won't be one where you travel the world, party, womanise, have money-fights and play paintball for a living.
if that's what you want - sure, you're screwed, but there are plenty of people with careers in paintball that don't rely on being ranked in the worlds top 5 players.

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
@Missy-Q let me rephrase that: What I meant was it's hard to make a career from solely playing paintball.

However a career in the paintball industry is definitely feasible, I think the story of Planet Eclipse is vivid proof of that, as well all the other manufacturers and retailers!

TRA Headshot

Old School
Mar 6, 2011
Cambridge
@Missy-Q let me rephrase that: What I meant was it's hard to make a career from solely playing paintball.

However a career in the paintball industry is definitely feasible, I think the story of Planet Eclipse is vivid proof of that, as well all the other manufacturers and retailers!

Planet have been taking my money for years now, used to sneak out of college and drive from Hull to Manc. just to throw money at them, Ledz's fault..... Think I have a legal case? :(

SpiderWhore

Sep 5, 2013
All we need is to become and BUCS sport and we are away. UNI societies instantly get a lot more money, Generally the entire game gets a huuuuuuuge amount of funding. Its almost a dream come true

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
All we need is to become and BUCS sport and we are away. UNI societies instantly get a lot more money, Generally the entire game gets a huuuuuuuge amount of funding. Its almost a dream come true
That would be ideal. That way we get the exposure out there and can reduce costs and hopefully bring in new players as well! But we have everything for it, the talent, the facilities, the kit, we're just lacking the funding and exposure!