Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Need help on how to fix broken battery cable - Etek 3

NinjaSquirrel

Apr 19, 2013
Kincraig,Scottish Highlands.
Just found out that when I get to remove the battery from my Etek 3,that the power cables have come away from the board,and they are no longer attached.Ive been told its a simple case of soldering them back on,but how do I go about getting the board out,and cleaning up the old solder etc?Any videos or pics would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Kev

Attachments

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
Carefully disconnect the eye, micro switch and solenoid plugs from the board.

You should be able to wiggle the board out of it's groove in the grip frame. Make sure you're confident with a soldering iron and remove the old solder using the iron and an old damp cloth. Strip back the wires a little to expose it (2mm or so will be enough) and tin them by applying a little solder to the exposed end.

Match up polarities and solder each wire to the corresponding contact on the board. Replace the board in the groove, reconnect all the plugs and pop the battery back in. Remember you may need to restore all your settings as without the battery, the board may have reset to factory.

Job done :)

Reactions: NinjaSquirrel

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
No worries pal, good luck with it.

Just to add though, I've just had a closer look at your pic. The board is held in position by two rubber grommits. If you can get the board free first, then when you're putting it back together, sit the grommits at either end and then use an allen key to push it into place :)

Reactions: NinjaSquirrel