Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Planet Eclipse Etek 5?

kway44

Controlled Aggression!
Jan 26, 2008
South London
I was thinking of picking up the 2013 JT Impulse or Etek 4 but depending on some reviews I'm thinking of waiting for this bad-boy to be released. Anyone know when the Etek 5 is due out?

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Some good and bad points for me

Think it should have had the lever valve operation. That would have been a massive incentive to upgrade from Etek 4, without the huge price jump to buy an LV1. Eye cover design was better and more streamlined on Etek 4. Quite like the new body shape, grip frame and the LV1 style foregrip.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
To be fair as much as it would be nice to have the lever valve in the etek, that is revolutionary technology and really belongs in a highend gun. not to mention you're getting the LPR integrated in to the body, so bit of a better shot than other inline poppets, but with just as good ergonomics. Plus lets be honest if there was only going to be one manufacturer tech support at an event, its probably planet so what's not to like! :D

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I had an Etek 1 for a while, lovely marker and shot just as well as most Egos from the same vintage.

James mcknight

Oct 10, 2014
I currently have an etek 4 and don't think i will upgrade . the cure bolt 4 is around 30 quid new and while yes the etek is an upgrade. if anything i would get an ego should a new one be released. just my 2 cents !