Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Planet Eclipse Etek 5?

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
it appears to have a a very similar valve pin to the DART kit. so i assume it something along those lines

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
?????????????? what is that?
It's the method in which the Etek and other poppet valve markers operate.

ego1_large.gif

Here's a very simple breakdown of how a poppet valve marker works - referenced to the image above.

You've got 3 main parts.

The Bolt
The Rammer
The Poppet Valve

When air is introduced to the system, it is done so in a couple of different ways. A lot of the air (blue) goes to a large(ish) regulated chamber - which holds enough air to fire a paintball.
Some other air is redirected by the solenoid to move the Rammer back and forth (the green air)

When the green air is at the back of the rammer, it pushes the rammer forward, along with the bolt.
The ball is now ready to fire.
At the final bit of the rammer's travel, it impacts a small valve, called the Poppet. This allows the blue air to be redirected through the bolt, firing the paintball.
The green air then retracts the rammer back to it's starting position, and the system is ready to fire another paintball.

Hope that helps :)

Reactions: kway44

kway44

Controlled Aggression!
Jan 26, 2008
South London
Here's a very simple breakdown of how a poppet valve marker works - referenced to the image above.

You've got 3 main parts.

The Bolt
The Rammer
The Poppet Valve

When air is introduced to the system, it is done so in a couple of different ways. A lot of the air (blue) goes to a large(ish) regulated chamber - which holds enough air to fire a paintball.
Some other air is redirected by the solenoid to move the Rammer back and forth (the green air)

When the green air is at the back of the rammer, it pushes the rammer forward, along with the bolt.
The ball is now ready to fire.
At the final bit of the rammer's travel, it impacts a small valve, called the Poppet. This allows the blue air to be redirected through the bolt, firing the paintball.
The green air then retracts the rammer back to it's starting position, and the system is ready to fire another paintball.
Thanks Emisnug for the information regarding the Poppet system(y) learn something new everyday:D

Reactions: emisnug

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
still can't fathom out exactly how the poppet system is working on this from the vid. need to get my hands on one!
to answer the question i posed earlier, it's not the poppet itself that is 'LV1 inspired' but it is the rammer which was a big deal in the LV1 because of the 2 stage acceleration. So basically the bolt in the etek5 will now also accelerate in an exponential manner, so its a softer initial push on the ball, resulting in less recoil, less breaking paint etc.

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
to answer the question i posed earlier, it's not the poppet itself that is 'LV1 inspired' but it is the rammer which was a big deal in the LV1 because of the 2 stage acceleration. So basically the bolt in the etek5 will now also accelerate in an exponential manner, so its a softer initial push on the ball, resulting in less recoil, less breaking paint etc.
I dunno, the poppet geometry doesn't look as generic as it used to. Cleaner air passages, mixed with a larger pressure chamber - it should shoot pretty damn good. The two-stage rammer should, as you said, result in a softer initial push on the ball. With that softer push and a lower operating pressure = more fragile paint can be shot. Recoil ain't exactly an issue in my books - the reciprocating mass of a marker is tiny.
With the OLED upgrade (or is it a transflective LCD?) I'd probably start comparing it to high ends such as the Cyborg. The line between high and mid range markers is getting a lot more blurry with this marker.