Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New player to the game :)

Adamgh

Jan 23, 2017
Wakefield
www.youtube.com
Hey guys this is my first post, Im very new and ive only been paintballing 4 or 5 times but im really enjoying it.

After my 2nd time I decided I would try and record some of the gameplay, I already owned a go pro for scuba diving recording so it wasn't going to be a huge investment if it didn't work or I just never went paintballing again.

I purchased a cheap mask and attached the Go pro mount to it, I also decided to buy a cheap pod belt and some other accessories all under around £20.00 just to improve the experience.

This was my first attempt please bare in mind that this was my 3rd time playing, my 1st time recording and my 1st time editing.

So after I edited the first game I made a video of the whole day which is here.

Really proud with the first game me and a friend won the game by our selfs.

After these attempts it was time for some improvements, First I fixed the tapping noise that my mask was making as a ran, (simple fix really a just stuffed the gaps of my mask and camera with cotton wool) then I adjusted the angle of the camera, (the last video I felt the camera was looking to much at the floor) I purchased a few more things to help improve gameplay; some proper footwear and clothing, a cup, balaclava and knee pads. I then tried to keep the camera lens cleaner and focused on making sure my head was pointing correctly. I have learnt a few more editing tricks and feel like im progressing well.
Here's the finished video from the last time ive played.

Ive also done a custom paint job to my mask which turned out better than I thought. Thinking of buying a mirrored lens to finish the look.

Im now looking to book some more games this summer and have purchased my own ammo pods, the only thing im really missing equipment wise now is a gun but at the moment the places im playing only allow rentals, and I doubt my friends will be interested in investing a gun for walk on days. But hey you never know.

I hope you all enjoy and if you have any tips for a newbie, whether it be tips on recording, editing, gameplay tips or anything else please ask away, Id love any advice you can offer.

See you all later

Adam.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Post up some more about where you are and someone will probably find you a walkon site

It's not essential for you to all have your own gear, a walkon may include equipment rental for about £5 extra, so they may come out with you and still benefit from savings
However it's not always the step people are ready for, so if your happy enjoying yourselves then that's the reason you go out
Also look out for scenario and big game events - you can equally usually go as rentals as well and it can be less of a culture shock step as punter to walkon

Reactions: Adamgh

Adamgh

Jan 23, 2017
Wakefield
www.youtube.com
Hey Tom thanks for the advise, I live in Wakefield (West Yorkshire)
I think my goal is to get onto some walkons, and eventually / hopefully find a group of guys to make it a regular thing.
As fun as the casual games are I find everyones is a little incompetent. Last time I went I got shot more by my team mates than the other team -_-

You have made that seem less daunting so thanks :D

Also hey Bolter and Kevin :)

Reactions: Tom

True shooter

Jan 26, 2017
Leeds
You live near me mate and I'm in same boat literally just getting into it. How do you find delta force, I went last year and going again in a couple of weeks. Thought it was pretty good but now I realise how much money there making off you and what a rip off it is, shame I'd already booked and paid for 16 of us to go otherwise I'd of been going else where

Adamgh

Jan 23, 2017
Wakefield
www.youtube.com
Small world, yeah its ok I agree its a total rip of when it comes to the paint, I went a few years ago and it was better priced think they charged about £50 for 1000 paintballs and gear rental which wasnt too bad as it lasted me a full day. Think now its £15 rental and £80 for 1000 paintballs which is getting too much.

The other problem is it attracts a crowd of lets say not so competent people, either there too scared to play the game properly or they just end up shooting each other. You can see in the latest video how everyone stayed back and blind fired as me and 1 other guy were the only ones to actually play the objective.

I was looking the other day for places we could go this summer and found this site in Wakefield - http://www.paintballskirmish.co.uk/paintball-wakefield
its £60 for 100 paint balls and rental equipment which sounds ok, never heard of it though so im not sure if its any good, Anyone here been or heard anything about it?

If you have any drop outs and need a fill in give me a heads up be nice to play with a large group of people, Last year I booked for 8 people and half of them dropped out -_-

Lyddii

Jan 29, 2010
Birmingham
Awesome vids :)

You should check out Diamond Wars at NPF Bassetts Pole - runs on the last Sunday of every month so the next episode is Sunday 26th Feb. It is a bit of a drive from yourself but we do have people travelling just as far/further each month.

Some more info can be found here:

http://www.npfbassettspole.com/diamondwars/
https://www.facebook.com/diamondwars/

£69.50 with 2000 paintballs
£89.50 with 4000 paintballs

All rental equipment included in the price!

Reactions: Adamgh