Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Sales and Classifieds Rules

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
OK guys and girls. the classified rules is in need of updating. this is due to the number for complaints and problems that we as MODs are having to deal with on a weekly basis. and you as buyer or sellers need to protect yourselves better. So these rules will be enforced as of now.

* A Personal Sale includes used items and may not include new items . Personal sales are not to be advertised elsewhere unless clearly stated

* "The for sale post must include an accurate description of the item and a photograph of the item described with your username and the current date clearly displayed on a piece of paper next to the item.If you offer something in reply to a wanted advert you must still provide a picture with name and date on the same as if you had advertised it in the forsale section.This is to help prevent people selling items they do not have.".

* The Price must be clearly outlined at the start of the post. The price is entirely up to the thread starter and if you do not agree with the price – then simply do not pay it! The price must include postage (to UK mainland) and any Fees. A discount can be offered for collection at buyers discretion.

*The first person to offer the ASKING price MAY get the goods even if there are offers already tabled but not accepted, (it remains the sellers right to decide what offer to take)."

* All dealings are to be done on the thread and no private messages. All offers are then visible and nothing 'underhand' will go on.No you have pm or pm'd posts.

* If you have a problem with a transaction or the thread goes ‘off topic’ please contact a moderator for advice.

* Personal sales are run by members and whilst we will try to help if there is a dispute we accept no responsibility (legal or otherwise) for any transactions. please ensure you have accurate details of the seller should any thing go wrong

*Amendment to new classified rules
ok guys i have one more amendment to the new rules, Can you please ensure that the first picture in your thread is of all the kit together. and the piece of paper with your user name and date of the thread start is clearly shown. This means with a thick marker, and not with a ball point pen on white paper. As some shots with the flash on makes user names unreadable if we Deem that the user name is unreadable the thread will be deleted.
If there is a marker in the sale can you also ensure this has a named shot as well. due to high value items.

this will stop me having to go through 40 pictures looking for one with a user name in it. before i delete the thread. there will be a weeks bedding in period of this new ruling. as of next Saturday it will go live. all threads that Do Not Conform will be deleted without warning. and we will also not answer your pm as to why threads have gone. the rules are on the sticky and the top of the page and in every Mods Sigs no reason not to have seen them

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
Broseley, nr telford,nr birmingham
Sorry to be a pain in the a$$ but what are we to do if say buyer #1. offers up the asking price and then does not show up for days and buyer #2. who has good feedback etc and also has money offers to pay straight away? Does this mean that the seller has to automatically hold onto the item until buyer #1 decides to pay up? if so what about if we want quick sales? Just seems a little unfair that we are being dictated to who we do and dont sell to. Also, how do you enforce the 'no pms' rule for selling kit? Some people like to keep there business private, I for one dont like the world to see the state of my financial affairs, its my business, no one elses. I've always kept within the forum rules so find it a tad harsh to be fair.

Also, is there anyway you could maybe alter the piece of paper ruling if for example a seller must have XXX amount of feedback otherwise a piece of paper with name is required? I only ask as Sometimes I will buy a bit of kit and sell it on using the picture that was given to me when I bought it?

It just seems that because of some poor deals people like myself and many other good traders are gonna get penalized.

If not then I'll go back in me box:eek:

-ChEf

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
the first part is more to deal with Low Balls, the first person to offer the asking price. not 30% under asking price.

and the picture thing stays for ever one, and if you mean having to take a picture being penalized ?

blackplasma

Jul 4, 2005
Telford
this seems similar to the way it is done at avforums.com and the strict trading rules seem to work very effectivley, everyone seems to know where they stand and it commits people to deal, instead of getting people who back out on all the time. im all for it

RainbowShooter

Drop the gun, fat boy.
Oct 12, 2006
St Albans, Hertfordshire
I know you're going to throw something at me next time you see me lump, but regarding pictures. Can some sort of discretion be used, I mean for something like a pot or a pack of o-rings, is a picture really necessary?

Also, is the rule enforced for platinum sales, for instance if I was selling some dvds or games would I need pictures of the boxes and discs?