The Home Of European Paintball

New size paintballs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I have heard whispers of a new size 0.5 calibre paintball becoming an industry standard.

Whether it is true or not isn't really the issue, I'd like to know how far reaching the implications of this change would be? Everything from markers to transport of large quantities, potential changes to flight characteristics etc.....

go wild and crazy :)

jack_judge

Tree or not #1 Member
Mar 7, 2008
Cambridgeshire
price would be lower and you would get more for your money which is always a plus i cant see it happening though and definately not becoming an industry standard

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
what would be the upsides? cheaper to produce maybe and fit more in a hopper and pods. But out sport is built around the .68, and I cant see that changing any time soon. Maybe for pistols like those new kingman ones though.

Durajim

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2009
Reading
I honestly can't see it happening unless the price vs quantity vs quality is a nice balance and significantly better than it is today!

My brain is quite happy to tell me that ball size wouldn't effect the flight, but I would love to know if it really would, anyone got the relevant knowledge to tell us if it would? :p

Pmr Man

otherwise known as Bing!
Apr 24, 2008
satans layby- MILTON KEYNES
or you could use a sabot? (i think thats what its called). i think it would make millitary style guns more realistic, make air tanks more efficient etc, but the likelyhood is it will only happen if there is some sort of genocide on .68 callibur.

Status
Not open for further replies.