Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New tank, no dates

sam_14

Apr 29, 2015
somerset
Okay so ive just bought my first set up (etek 4) managed to get it with tank and hopper. but the tank has only one date on it (photo) I assume I can get it tested and it will be okay? If so where do I go to get it tested?

sam_14

Apr 29, 2015
somerset
Okay so that didn't work. It's a zen 48ci 0.79l bottle and the only date on it is 2012/05. Any other info I need to give?

sam_14

Apr 29, 2015
somerset
Perfect, thank you! Just seen pictures of other bottles that state the test date and end date, this only had the one! Didn't want to get to site and get told I need a new bottle before I can go on!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Okay so that didn't work. It's a zen 48ci 0.79l bottle and the only date on it is 2012/05. Any other info I need to give?
Is it aluminum or fibre wrapped?

For fibre wrapped a final date should be shown, and a 5 year test period applies

If aluminium and the date is stamped in the neck then you could use it forever if you retest it
It may also be accepted up to 10 years without test if the sites recognize the extra life of aluminiums

sam_14

Apr 29, 2015
somerset
It's aluminum so will be upgrading at somepoint but it will be fine for now. ah good to know, so will be good to keep as a back up. Also when it comes to testing where would I go? I understand diving shops may be able to test them?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
No final death then
It's not necessarily financially viable to retest as they are cheap enough - £30 to £40 new compared to £150 for a fibre
But it is possible to get a test at approx £20, depending on where you go

By the time you come to testing you may have gone for fibre anyway, but an aluminium is handy kept aside as a spare

The preference would be hpac for testing and you may save on postage by handing to them at an event and collecting at a later one
Dive shops can arrange and are therefore more local to most people.
Check the idest members list for test centres:

http://www.sita.org.uk/idest/idest_members.php

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
As said above, it's an aluminium bottle and has an infinite life span and a 10 years test period unless a test date is stated on the bottle label by the manufactor .