LiPS Paintball Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball Smart Parts G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball Bricket Wood DYE Paintball

New Tippmann A5 vs Used Bravo 1

Discussion in 'Buying and Selling Advice' started by Jack_B, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Jack_B New Member

Message Count:
    Hi, firstly i'm new to this forum so hoping I've got this in the right place.

Basically I'm looking to get into paintballing a as such buy my first marker. I've got around £250 to spend and am currently faced with the option of either buying a new A5 with an erip for £230 and then maybe pushing the budget a smidge and getting an uprated barrel. Or one of the marshals at my local site has offered me his Bravo One (tactical version) which he's had about 4 months. To this he has fitted a cyclone hopper system, an Egrip and upgraded spring set (although not quite sure what this does) and another barrel with the apex barrel attachment, and a remote line. Which he's looking for £250 for - oh and he'll throw in a 4+1 battle pack.

I've read that both these markers seem fairly fit for the purpose of an solid entry level marker for someone playing woodsball and as such I am a bit stumped as to which to pick.

Any advice would really be welcomed.... or even a suggestion of a different marker if those in know feel there is a better option for the money!

Thanks!
  2. Blue Beanie I <3 Summer!!!!!

Message Count:
    i would recomend looking for a second hand a5 with ups for about £100 on here or uk scenario
  3. M600 Sock Hats are Cool!

Message Count:
    all tippman markers apart from the x7 phenom have the same internals, so they will shoot the vitrually the same
    my advice is not to spend to much on a scenario marker because you mostly pay for the looks, performance wise they shoot terrible for the price
    get a used tippmann 98 or a5 and buy an air tank and a better barrel
    thats about as good as it can get on a budget
    hope this helps
  4. Bukko89 Active Member

Message Count:

Would agree entirely with this. Have an A5 at the minute with expansion chamber, barrel and a few other bits, n i'm gunna sell it cos just doesnt seem to have the range/power that other markers for same price will give out.

If your going scenario tho would go for A5!!!!
  5. Kevin Winter Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Range and power don't come into it - once set the 300fps, all markers have the same R&P!
    For £200 or thereabouts, you can buy all sorts of markers - Ego/Etek, PM7/8, Invert mini etc - which will all wipe the floor with a Tipman in terms of weight, rate of fire, lack of chops, consistency (ie accuracy). Just because you're playing in the woods, doesn't mean you need a marker that looks like an AK47.
  6. Luke H formely The Duke

Message Count:
    You can get used etek's or ego's for around that budget, great for just starting out, and advancing through to tourny ball as well. Also does the £250 budget include buying things such as a mask, air system and hopper?
  7. Jack_B New Member

Message Count:
    Hi all thanks for the advice!

So if I was looking at something other than a tippmann what would you suggest? As for budget ideally I'd like t get the Marker and hopper in at 250 already have a mask and my local site are happy to lend me a hpa tank until I get some
    more budget sorted for the new year which is handy!
  8. Luke H formely The Duke

Message Count:
    Etek 1 or 2 and a halo would be good and is in your budget :)