Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New to Paintball

Dec 17, 2015
Hi all,
I'm new to paintball and just looking to introduce my self to the sporting community and just looking for lots of information of how to get quite serious in the sport and equipment I need etc.
any help appreciated thanks,
Cameron

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Goggles - a bit obvious, but comfort is the most important thing,closely followed by decent anti fog properties. But any new set of goggles has a decent lens, and can most likely be upgraded with 'better' lenses. Only a cheap set needs an upgrade lens, but even a cheap set could be comfortable
With second hand be prepared to buy a new lens, so factor that in to make sure second hand doesn't become expensive

Comfy clothing - you should have some already, no need for paintball specific. But depending on how you play (eg sliding around) then you may benefit from specific clothing

Gun, air system, hopper (unless you're into mag fed)
Big bag, ideally with wheels
But you can make do with a backpack

Pod belt or vest and pouches
Pods
(Again, not if into mag fed - in which case you want magazine pouches)

Then things like 2 microfibres (one wet to clean, one dry to finish off),fluffy barrel swab,barrel condom

Dec 17, 2015
thank you already have goggles hopper and a jersey just looking for a gun ive been looking at the LV1 as im wanting to eventually get into tournament paintball but I was wanting to know information about teams joining playing in general because none of my friends are wanting to or intrested in starting up so any help?

Dec 17, 2015
What sort of paintball are you looking to play?

Are you aware of how diverse it is?

What gear do you already like the look of?
Im looking to play tournemant paintball and im looking to get quite serious in the sport as well any information about how to join a team etc is aprreciated

what do you mean by diverse?

I already have a mask and a hopper and a jersey

none of my friends are intrested in starting it with me could this be a problem?

The Artful Dodger

Dec 8, 2014
It's never easy when friends aren't as enthusiastic.get yourself to some walkons and you'll be suprised how friendly folk are

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
what do you mean by diverse?
So many choices in paintball - standard woodland for punter or walkons
Some urban sites
Even more one off or occasional sites, current military training sites, underground tunnels, even once in a closed shopping centre, tournament,
Scenario events, festivals
Magfed & milsim
And more

none of my friends are intrested in starting it with me could this be a problem?
No problem
You don't need to be part of a group / team except for tournament play, and then you can probably be part of a scratch team for a day
You will make paintball friends

Go out, play, enjoy

A tournament style gun can be used in every for of paintball
(Even magfed games if it's not magfed exclusive - and the non exclusive magfed style games would just limit you to a 50 shot hopper or tube feed)

Dec 17, 2015
So many choices in paintball - standard woodland for punter or walkons
Some urban sites
Even more one off or occasional sites, current military training sites, underground tunnels, even once in a closed shopping centre, tournament,
Scenario events, festivals
Magfed & milsim
And more

No problem
You don't need to be part of a group / team except for tournament play, and then you can probably be part of a scratch team for a day
You will make paintball friends

Go out, play, enjoy

A tournament style gun can be used in every for of paintball
(Even magfed games if it's not magfed exclusive - and the non exclusive magfed style games would just limit you to a 50 shot hopper or tube feed)
Thank you so much, its more tournament play im looking at going for but just general play first and drills to get better and meet people.
what are the most popular events/walkons etc??

The Artful Dodger

Dec 8, 2014
You didn't say how much money you wanted to spend.also is say it's one of the very few sports/hobbies where second hand really is a good idea