Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Virtue Spire Hopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

P8ntball News

Administrator
Jan 8, 2012
There's been a lot of sneak peaks leading up to today's official release that the Virtue Spire is in fact a loader.

One of the main features of our new Spire loader. The Spire Drive. The Spire Drive's Flex Cycle allows the Spire to feed even the most brittle paint and its spring loaded arms slide underneath and push jams out of the way before they occur.

I will be updating this thread with more images as they are available.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
This is interesting, especially as Virtue have been tight with Dye, who make he Rotor, wonder how that relationship will progress from here on out...

Oct 5, 2002
Sauf Koast
A little review from one of the chaps that were testing them.

I've used the prototype Spire at a tournament and it worked flawlessly. It was used on a DM10, Cocker, Excalibur and a Bob Long Victory. It was all covered in camo tape so no one would know I was using it, since it was still a secret at that time. I can't answer all the tech questions about it but I can say it was working better than all the Rotors around me. The Rotors were all jamming, not just a couple of them, but 95% of them (including mine). We think it was from the small bore paint. The Spire didn't jam once, it worked on every gun without an issue. The best way I can describe it is when a ball would jam the spire would 'jump' up and over the problem ball and reset itself in proper position (hence the need for the 'Spire' part). The flip lid is a little different in angle of position, but worked fine. It did NOT have a crown on it. The shells came apart easily, and are similar to the Rotor and the entire unit was super easy to take apart and clean if needed. The tall 'Spire' piece does NOT sit under the flip lid, it's farther in and doesn't get in the way of anything, loading or otherwise. I myself plan on using one, due to the fact that it was problem free, for both myself and a team mate who tried it (We wanted to see how it did with his BL Victory). I like the Rotor, but honestly the Spire worked better at this event. Right now the MSRP is set under that of the DYE Rotor, just fyi.

Status
Not open for further replies.