Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

newb in yorkshire

jim lee

Nov 12, 2014
Hi, I'm a total newb to paintball but just know I'm gonna love it :) but none of my friends seem particularly interested. So is a long shot but wondered if there's anyone in Yorkshire in the same situation or maybe someone with experience who can teach me a thing or two out on the field?

jim lee

Nov 12, 2014
Yeah I emailed a guy there and I'm gonna go on a couple of Saturdays before going to a walk on, he said a walk on can be a bit intense to start off with

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
They can be but it is easier if your with people and getting the help and advice you need. Where abouts in Yorkshire? Attending a walkon alone without planning to meet or knowing anyone is alot worse. After a couple of games you'll prob get the hang of the speed and way the games roll

Reactions: jim lee

jim lee

Nov 12, 2014
That's just it, I'd really like to have someone with me even if they're a newb too. I don't wanna feel overwhelmed, but if it comes to it I will go on my own. I live in North Yorkshire near Skipton. So Yorkshire paintball centre is the natural choice but I don't mind traveling as long as its not too far

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Ah cool. I'm from leyburn but live in durham. We often spend our time at Darlington pointblank but lately have being travelling over to Annan in Scotland for walkons aswell.

Have you got your own gear and gun? Or just use the sites stuff

jim lee

Nov 12, 2014
No I haven't got anything yet, I went paintballing ages ago on a site and loved it. I'm in a new job now and have the time and money to make a hobby out of it so want to get started. Oh cool, I work at ribblehead near hawes and know leyburn fairly well as in also a biker :)

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Aye plenty bikes knockin round there on the weekends. Goin down this weekend actually. Hopin to do my direct access next year. Come along for a game sometime if you want always happy to help out people if we can.

Have you looked into any gear atall or the weekend events that go on in the year?

jim lee

Nov 12, 2014
Ive been looking at gear constantly for days now lol I'm hoping to get sorted on payday. I know this may sound cheesy but I really want a milsim marker. Maybe gonna spend around 125 on a marker so I'll have plenty of money to spend on a mask and force feed hopper :)

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Nowt wrong with a milsim gun lol. At that price range my first was a bt omega. Solid marker inefficient and acceptable accuracy for a starter but its simple and durable and I found to be a good starting step.
Force fed hopper will be worthwhile but wouldn't upgrade it any further apart from adding an apex or new barrel but after a few games and looking at other stuff in action you'll sharp want to move into something better.

Try masks on in a shop, its stuck to ya mug for up to 8 hours straight so it needs to be right. Not something to scrimp on.