Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Newb

taro

Oct 23, 2014
Hi folks,
Just joined up today.
I've been paintballing before a few times (for friends birthdays) and have always always enjoyed it.
I've been airsofting for over 3 years and considering changing over to paintballing as i do feel the sport is more challenging and fun.
Only problem i have when it comes to paintball is the air/co2.
Do you buy tanks everytime you go for a session?? Or is it possible to fill it up yourself at home?
Used to airsoft guns and just being able to charge or refill with green gas at home.
Thanks guys

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Doing it at home requires a flll station of some sort. Standard compressors are no good, a scuba tank and adaptor are most common for those who do

However, you don't need that

Fills are free when you play, once you have your own cylinder either you fill it or the staff fill it. They are likely to have you self fill as staff will be covered for the site cylinders

Before you buy your own you can still use site cylinders, even if you buy your gear a bit at a time and have your own gun but their cylinder etc
(Obviously ask the specific site, if it's at an established site then 99% the time they will be there anyway, if it's an event run on the site by someone else or at a different venue then they would need notice)

Air or co2?
Air is preferable. Co2 should only be selected if it is a site that only runs co2. Co2 would restrict your choice of gun, and co2 only sites will be punter only.
Idealy you want to move on to walkons or events, both to see more of variety in paintball and to save you money compared to punter rates
(Search for the 'what paintball costs' thread which lists various kinds of paintball and the general cost)

Note that I have said walkons and events are cheaper than punter paintball, however when you check the costs thread you will discover that you get more for your money so unless you play limited paint will probably spend the same to play whether as a punter or walkon

Disposable co2 is an option, but only realy practical for things such as pistols using 12 gram co2 cartridges

Compressed air cylinders are the ideal choice. An aluminium 3000psi cylinder will suit most people and costs about £30
When you've got the feel for it consider a fibre wrapped 4500psi but before spending £150 on one get to know which will be right for you, they come in a variety of shapes and sizes

Depending on what you are looking for scenario and magfed are the closest to airsoft
Magfed if you fancy more 'realism' with limited shots per magazine etc, or scenario if you like the idea of a storyline and mission based games

The choices you have are vast. This year is my 10th in paintball, and in 10 years 1 week I achieved my goal of playing every form of paintball available in the UK
No matter what flavour of paintball, it's shooting people and getting shot at. Every kind is awesome in its own way

Welcome to paintball, enjoy

Reactions: taro

kway44

Controlled Aggression!
Jan 26, 2008
South London
Welcome to the world of paintball mate.

Everything you need to know about the sport is on this website.;)

taro

Oct 23, 2014
Wow, thank you so much for your time to explain all of that.
Huge insight for me on more about this sport.
Im located in Northern Ireland, so paintballing isn't as popular as it would be in the mainland UK (same with airsofting)
With only very limited sites that offer these activities.
And the places that do offer paintballing seems to cater for special events, so minimum number required, only information on renting etc and nothing regarding walk ins.
I'll start off by purchasing my own mask and try my best to go as much as possible.
Thank you!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
In NI I think you are going to find some things a bit harder, but not impossible
I believe paintball guns are still classified as firearms & licenced or at least stricter controls

Someone is bound to know if there are walkon sites