Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Newbie Advice

Dai Bando

Oct 10, 2014
South Wales
Hi, I'm 36 and from South Wales. I got invited to paintfest a few months ago having never played paintball. W"ell now i'm hooked but made the mistake of buying a Tippmann Gryphon marker. I feel its holding me back as not being able to fire quick enough or accurate enough although i did well at the september diamond wars only getting hit around 4 times all day and lots of kills. I'm now looking at the planet eclipse markers but torn between etek 4, ego and geo. I have a limited budget of around £300 but have seen all these markers used for around that price depending on age. I'm looking for some advice on the differences between them and what to go for.

Any help or guidance appreciated.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Ego and Etek are both poppet type markers. The Etek is the "entry level" version of the Ego. Not as featured, but an excellent marker for the money. Personally, with a £300 budget, I'd look at the Ego 10, which is a superb marker and still has back up support from Eclipse.
The Geo is a spool valve marker (see my newbies guide for the difference). Also an excellent marker.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Hi, I'm 36 and from South Wales. I got invited to paintfest a few months ago having never played paintball. W"ell now i'm hooked but made the mistake of buying a Tippmann Gryphon marker. I feel its holding me back as not being able to fire quick enough or accurate enough although i did well at the september diamond wars only getting hit around 4 times all day and lots of kills. I'm now looking at the planet eclipse markers but torn between etek 4, ego and geo. I have a limited budget of around £300 but have seen all these markers used for around that price depending on age. I'm looking for some advice on the differences between them and what to go for.

Any help or guidance appreciated.
Welcome (y)

Reactions: Dai Bando

jetter10

Sep 19, 2014
Exeter, Devon
a lot of people like the ego 8, i personally would say get a ego, the etek's are basically a "tier down" from the ego, you see quite a few on sale, one word of warning is they are LOUD, (both eteks and egos,) also ego 8, 9, 10 ect, the numbers are the year editions, eg ego 8 is 2008, and ego 10 is 2010

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
The Earlier Egos are Superb (I shoot a 7, but the 8 is a lovely marker too). However, I would reccommend going for at least the 09, as Planet don't offer tech support or parts for the 08 and earlier.