Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Newbie looking for starter help

Ben095

Oct 10, 2015
Hey all, after doing some re-search and reading about online I decided that I'd like a Planet Eclipse marker because they seem more reliable than most and have great customer service.

I found a site called just paint ball uk and they are doing bundles for Eclispe markers (Etha , Etek 5, LV1.1, Geo 3.5) that when bought save quite abit of money when all the items are bought separately...

So can anyone recommend a package deal for a newbie? Which one looks the best value and so one?

http://www.justpaintball.co.uk/marker-gun-packages/eclipse-marker-gun-packages

Or am I starting completely wrong and should I be looking at the second hand market?

Cheers!

Last edited:

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
Are they local to you?

Just with the mask you need to try them to see which you find best, rather than look at a price point/package.

Alloy bottles are fine is your on a budget.

The carbon bottles. Find the date on them. They may already have 6 months/year on them so might be cheaper for that reason (or use as a bargining tool)

How do you know the "feel" of the marker your looking at?

Something to think of if buyi g unseen and online.

2nd is cheaper for the marker and bottles but i would buy new on the mask.

Ben095

Oct 10, 2015
Are they local to you?

Just with the mask you need to try them to see which you find best, rather than look at a price point/package.

Alloy bottles are fine is your on a budget.

The carbon bottles. Find the date on them. They may already have 6 months/year on them so might be cheaper for that reason (or use as a bargining tool)

How do you know the "feel" of the marker your looking at?

Something to think of if buyi g unseen and online.

2nd is cheaper for the marker and bottles but i would buy new on the mask.
Not really local to me, I'd have to find a paint ball shop based in West Sussex, I'll give the guns a try before I buy as well , but I was just looking at prices to see what I could get

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Don't be restricted purely by the packages they list, (I'm sure) they will be happy to chop and change or sell you a custom package at a deal price

You are at an advantage as a beginner in that you need pretty much everything. Buy it all in one go and any retailer will love you - and 99% if not 100% of the people involved in uk paintball retail play or have played

They want your money, but also want people to experience and enjoy our game, and to stay as long term customers - and love talking about gear

Gun - you won't regret buying an eclipse
(Though if you haven't already done so get your hands on a few brands & models)
The Etha is a nice entry level and is good enough to play with the big boys
I've got one, no regrets with it
The only thing it doesn't really have is an oled screen. I can add one but at the cost of adding it I could have bought a higher model
No real drama with led rather than oled, but with standard led you set everything with counting coloured flashing lights, with oled you have a screen telling you the settings
But this is only done once in a blue moon

Goggles - the real personal choice, comfort is purely subjective and to your head
I've tried on and have had cheap rental type goggles that feel great and expensive premium ones that I hate
My current preference is the grillz

Air - aluminium 3000psi for about £30 new, not worth the effort second hand or fibre wrapped for £150 new, £80 second hand
For the moment is say avoid second hand until you know what you're looking at snd buying from, and to forget fibre until you know what is going to feel right and balanced for you
Save over £100 to sorbs on the rest of your gear and playing by getting an aluminium 3000psi for now

Hopper - I swear by the halo too, use this s your benchmark
Consider a rotor, or spire
Maybe a speed feed lid so you don't have to open it to load - but keep the original lid in case it rains

A pod belt
Have a look what's around and see what you like

Pods
Fat boy pods are standard
Get anything more 'premium' and you'll regret losing or breaking them

Ancillarys
Barrel condom - you will get one with the gun unless it's missing when secondhand, but they are easily lost. Add a spare
Fluffy- a basic one is fine, but an eclipse barrel maid is better
Microfibre-don't rush out on one now unless it's thrown into a package. Head to pound land for a handful
Gear bag - use a sports hold all. If buying get one with wheels

Clothes / footwear
Wear what you already have that's loose and comfy / gives you support

Reactions: Care_Bears

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
What are you looking to do with all this?? Join a team or just play punters/walk on days?

For my money I would go with a etek 5 as there are good reviews for it and I like the look of it (reminds me of half-blocked autocockers).

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Is it worth getting the Axe as a starter? Is it better than the Etek 5?
It is all down to your budget and what you like, how it looks.
Personal choice, the feel of one marker will be different to another. Saying that, a player can get use to any marker after a few times playing.
Which ever marker you buy, they all shoot the same legal velocity and balls per second.
Do a little research ask more questions, that is what we are all here for.

Click on the banners/logos near top of the page, all these shops trusted.

ps. Don't be afraid to go secondhand. If you are ever unsure about a seller, look at their feedback or just ask a Mod nicely.

Reactions: Care_Bears

Mr Blooty

Mr Blooty
Sep 11, 2009
Tunbridge Wells
Personally I would go with Eclipse all day,but that's just my old school preference.There's nothing wrong with Dye DM's or Empire. Like DFR350 said,what's your plan and whats you're budget. I PHONED justpaintball years ago when I bought my Ego 9, 4500 psi carbon air tank,Empire prophecy, Dye I4s etc. Yes,PHONED! You can talk to a human,sort out your own custom package,get a great deal, and if they still do it,and you're patient enough,paymonthly instalments. BUT,what are you doing? Joining a speedball team,woodsball or walk on days. You may be better off going down your local woodsball punter site and talking to the staff,who probably play for speedball teams as well,so can give great,educated advice.