Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Newbie-Southampton

DirtyDownSouth

Dec 4, 2014
Hi guys and girls,my name is Brett and I thought I would give paintball a try.I have been a few times but would love to take it a bit more serious.I have started to look at local sites that do walk on but im unsure if this is a good idea for someone new to paintball.I have lots to learn so any help and advice would be great..thanks.

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
ambush is probably closest to you in southampton - may be some closer but thats where i would go!

pick yourself up some cheap (ish) gear - you'll want to upgrade after your first time :p
OR ask to rent some gear.

but it'll save you on that horrible rental paint charge!

You'll learn alot more from a walkon than with punters.
MOST... ;) are friendly and may even have spare markers/gear for you to borrow or try out on the firing range.

DirtyDownSouth

Dec 4, 2014
I have started to look at second hand gear etc as i went last weekend and had a nightmare with a scratched lense.I did look on the Ambush website and from what i read they do walk ons every 3rd sunday of the month.

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
Welcome to the world of paintball.

I highly recommend you look at getting a set of your own goggles first, before markers, suits, packs, etc. If you get second hand (and are unsure of the age) ensure you swap the lens for safety reasons. Your eyes cannot be replaced and its not worth skimping on a cheap set of lenses or goggles.

Once you have goggles, you can then get to a walk on site and see the different styles and makes of PB markers available - there is a lot. Most players will talk about their markers ('till the cows come home) and most will let you run a few rounds over the chrono/range.

Some sites (I know Holmbush nr crawley do ) will let you rent some site gear for a walk on day. Again, to see others play with differing setups will be invaluable. You'll get an idea about what style - mill sim, tourney, pump, etc. you might like.

Once you have visited a couple of walkons, to watch or play, then look to find your marker.

There are always lots of markers for sale here on PB and on Facebook and for most price ranges. Once you have an idea of the style of PB you want to play and the budget you have then you'll know what to search for.

As always ask questions here or on FB, there are always players willing to help.

NB I'm from Worthing and play at Holmbush (nr crawley), Campaign (nr Cobham), Weekend Warriors in Reading, Mayhem Essex, and a couple of North Kent sites where my old PB team originate from. All are walkons and friendly sites with a good following of players.

So again, welcome and have fun.

Regards,
Colin.

DirtyDownSouth

Dec 4, 2014
I have looked in the for sale section but im not able to post on there yet.I will do my research and then try to pick up bargains to keep the cost down...i do like the look of the i4's and the empire e-vents.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I have looked in the for sale section but im not able to post on there yet.I will do my research and then try to pick up bargains to keep the cost down...i do like the look of the i4's and the empire e-vents.
Anything with a "thermal lens" will be perfect. Thermal = dual pane = no fogging up.

Christmas special...... tell me a joke, and I'll give you access to the classifieds!

Reactions: DirtyDownSouth

DirtyDownSouth

Dec 4, 2014
Anything with a "thermal lens" will be perfect. Thermal = dual pane = no fogging up.

Christmas special...... tell me a joke, and I'll give you access to the classifieds!
does it have to be a Christmas based joke Bolter??