Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NEXUS Signature Series Cocker Launch!

Jack Wood

May 7, 2002
Visit site
Well here it is then. The new Planet Eclipse Nexus Signature Series Eclipse Cocker.
As you can see, it is quite revolutionary in its design. There is no conventional front block, the Front Reg Mount now houses the manifold and the LPR and the ram is mounted to the body via a small bolt-on bracket.
This gives the same size valve chamber as a standard cocker (minus what would have been inside the semi-block screw) but the length of a mini-cocker up front.
The second benefit is that there is now a dedicated air feed direct to the LPR, before the valve chamber. This is obviously with the aim of keeping the LPR supplied with maximum available pressure direct from the in-line reg.
As well as all that, the Ram is a new design from Belsales. A completely in-house design, as opposed to the modified off-the-shelf SMC ram.
The body is 3D surface machined, and as small, yet stylish as we could possibly make it. If you look, you can see that it is the same width as the frame, where possible. There are loads of really cool little features, like the eye cover sitting inside the body in the lower half (you can't sink it in at the top because of the depth of the sensor!) and the diamond shaped NEXUS Logos at the back.

What you see in the pics is what you get, plus the internals are Supercharger Valve, a new Eclipse DART delrin bolt and pin (the bolt in this gun is a Supercharger), New Eclipse Rex(TM) hammer and dialler kit. So you get the Grip feed tube, ultra-light, Black-Magic etc etc

Sooooooooooo. Wha'dya Think?????????

By the way, it will be at Chicago NPPL, but not to buy! Sorry!

Cheers

Jack Wood

Munkeh

Planet of the Apes
Jul 12, 2002
Cheshire
Visit site
Are the changes for the Nexus 'cocker (mainly the removal of the front block) going to be become standard for Eclipse cockers? I have to say im not a massive fan of the milling although it probably looks a lot nicer in real life. But apart from that looks damn fine!

Jack Wood

May 7, 2002
Visit site
Munkeh

No it won't, that is specific to the Nexus only.
This gun will be available to buy, by the way!
And you don't like the milling? Are you insane? It is the most beautiful thing I have ever created;-)

Cheers
Jack

Munkeh

Planet of the Apes
Jul 12, 2002
Cheshire
Visit site
So whats it going to retail at then Jack? C'mon tell us so we can start saving up? Also is this just a prototype or have you already started production of it?

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Holy Shnickees!

I'm no massive fan of cockers but you have outdone your self there Mr Wood and Planet team - that is a freakin' piece of art!

What can I say - I want one, but I fear I might stumble at the all important part...

How much is it?

I've wanted a Planet E-blade cocker in the past but have had to order from the US or canada because the e-orracles are so much cheaper - so what's the damage?

Oh, and when will they be available from?

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Look in the other thread djmatt - it's a bit confusing at the moment as there are two threads going on about it - perhaps the mods can delete one?