Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Noob after some help getting started

Aaron4000

Dec 4, 2013
hi all.
I have just been given some paintball equipment. Now I just need somewhere to use it and some people to use it with. I have called my local site and asked for some info, but they were not very helpful. Which is a shame as I always enjoyed playing there previously on booked days.
I live in north Nottinghamshire. Does anyone know of any local sites/teams that would be willing to take on a noob. Or at least welcome me for a walk on? I didn't know if walk ons would be any good as I would end up knocked out within first 5 seconds of play. I'm guessing they are full of pro's looking for an easy target. I would prefer the mil sim/ scenario type stuff.
Thanks for any info in advance.

Aaron

Equipment given:
Tippmann x7
Standard barrel
M16 barrel
18" barrel
Low profile hopper
HPA 3000psi tank
Remote line
Assault vest with paint containers.
Mask with mirrored visor.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Someone will be able to recommend a nearer site for walkons, but I can recommend npf for diamond wars walkons - nearer to Birmingham

People at walkons will be friendly
An x7 won't keep up with the speedballers, but that doesn't mean you can't shoot them too, and at walkons you will find all kinds of player

Spookls

pain is temporary pride is forever
Oct 21, 2013
Leicester
Try skirmish Nottingham and if you can make it there is a walk on day in Leicester on the 28th Feb

Aaron4000

Dec 4, 2013
Someone will be able to recommend a nearer site for walkons, but I can recommend npf for diamond wars walkons - nearer to Birmingham

People at walkons will be friendly
An x7 won't keep up with the speedballers, but that doesn't mean you can't shoot them too, and at walkons you will find all kinds of player
Thanks for your reply. Speedball isn't what I'm after anyway. I love the tactical stuff. So more mil sim ideally. I would have gone for airsoft, but you can't beat that sting of a paintball.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Thanks for your reply. Speedball isn't what I'm after anyway. I love the tactical stuff. So more mil sim ideally. I would have gone for airsoft, but you can't beat that sting of a paintball.
At a walkon (and at scenarios) there will be a mixture of types of players and types of guns, so you would find yourself up against or alongside them.

By MilSim are you using the term generally as 'shooting people in the woods' rather than speedball or specifically military simulation style games?

Nearer to milsim are magfed or limited paint games; for strict magfed you would need a different gun or a replacement conversion body for the x7, but limited paint games allow a variety of guns and either restrict the total paint per player for the event or have you use small capacity hoppers
The more specific the type of game the less choice and more travel you need to do, and with magfed or limited paint the more likely the entry price goes up because the organizer reduces the paint sales and if going for unique venues has the problem that event costs go up and income goes down making quite a few events less viable
(Only yesterday 'urban' announced they will not organize any more magfed/limited paint games after the ones already announced, it's not working for them as a business model - they can use current army sites which means high expense to hire the site and lots of communication and compliance, less income on paint sales and a reduced community of players)

Aaron4000

Dec 4, 2013
At a walkon (and at scenarios) there will be a mixture of types of players and types of guns, so you would find yourself up against or alongside them.

By MilSim are you using the term generally as 'shooting people in the woods' rather than speedball or specifically military simulation style games?

Nearer to milsim are magfed or limited paint games; for strict magfed you would need a different gun or a replacement conversion body for the x7, but limited paint games allow a variety of guns and either restrict the total paint per player for the event or have you use small capacity hoppers
The more specific the type of game the less choice and more travel you need to do, and with magfed or limited paint the more likely the entry price goes up because the organizer reduces the paint sales and if going for unique venues has the problem that event costs go up and income goes down making quite a few events less viable
(Only yesterday 'urban' announced they will not organize any more magfed/limited paint games after the ones already announced, it's not working for them as a business model - they can use current army sites which means high expense to hire the site and lots of communication and compliance, less income on paint sales and a reduced community of players)
Hi Tom, and thanks for the information.
It's woodsball that I'm after. I just googled it (tut! Noob!)
I enjoy the sort of games played on punter days I.e capture the flag, defending bases, or as you put it 'shooting people in the woods'. I would just go along on punter days, but I was informed I wasn't able to use my own marker. Said it was an unfair advantage and people would complain. Don't see why myself, as you can pay extra to upgrade to a better marker on site anyway.

Jay Wilko

Platinum Member for Life
Aug 19, 2015
Wigan
That's the same sort of thing for me aaron, I had a chat with the owner and after a lot of discussion we agree'd that as long as the marker wasn't electronic it would be fairer. Are the x7s electronic?