Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Noob in the pump world

Letspandarize

Banned
Aug 16, 2013
Tbh I have no clue when it comes to pump guns, but iv seen a few people with them and they seem so much fun,
I play woodsball at npf, so was thinking it would be fun to have a pump to play around with some games,

I saw a empire sniper pump and whe I got a hold of it fell in love, our these any good? Are there things better than this?

Thank you for any help.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I've owned an empire sniper since they got released and i love it. Its not going to contend with a high end CCM pump, but for the price it's at and everything you get in the box its well worth the money.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
An empire sniper will set you back in the region of £350, and if you compare the US price of about $400 for the empire and around $600 for a CCM you will see that you can spend a pretty penny on pump. But you can also spend less

These are good pump markers, but that is not to say that something cheaper is bad

You can currently get the hammer 7 for approx £100 which is a pump with both magfed and hopper fed, and is first strike ready

If you have, or get an autococker then these can be converted to pump with a simple kit, and they can be rebuilt back to semi auto

If you want to just get a taste for pump play then there are a variety of old school pumps around and they turn up on forums for sale every now and then. Put up a wanted thread and some one will have one going spare in their cupboard

Reactions: Letspandarize

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I've owned an empire sniper since they got released and i love it. Its not going to contend with a high end CCM pump, but for the price it's at and everything you get in the box its well worth the money.
Ditto - great value for money pump

I've sen a few sell secondhand for about £250

Letspandarize

Banned
Aug 16, 2013
Okay then sounds like the gun for me, haven't really looked into it fully, do you know the pros and cons of it?

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Okay then sounds like the gun for me, haven't really looked into it fully, do you know the pros and cons of it?
well from my personal use the the simple things like clamping feedneck, pump plate (hitman mod) and on/off asa are an instant bonus. all the value in box like the barrel kit and stock class tube is awesome and the gun itself is nice in the hands, has a reasonably smooth stroke and the autotrigger is a great feature as well.
the cons are probably just that its a bit of a nuisance to carry out any sort of maintenance other than the bare essentials. if you want in to the regulator especially you'll need to get yourself a C clip tool which doesn't come with it (granted they are only a few quid). The autotrigger when set properly is great but you need to be careful that the adjuster screw is secured properly because i've had it wiggle loose over time and then move just a bit to far, causing the gun to stop firing.

Reactions: Letspandarize