The Home Of European Paintball

Northern Quarter Newbie Tournament - 21 April

Luke C

Banned
Apr 15, 2006
Unsportsmanlike
www.xpres.co.uk
The Northern Quarter Newbie Tournament.

On the 21st of April we will be holding the next newbie day tournament.

The day will start at 10 am where you will be put into teams of 3 - then you will be assigned a coach for the whole day. In the morning you will be taught how to walk fields and basic skills you will need for tournament play – such as important warm-ups and kit organization which are often overlooked, as well as game winning skills such as breakouts, lanes, primary and secondary bunkers, communication etc.

In the afternoon the tournament will start and your coach will be on hand to give you tips all day on your team’s performance. The coach will not be playing but will however be able to help you kit up between games and offer advice on game plans as you progress, building on what you have learnt in the morning.

The game format will allow 2 pots and one hopper of paint over a 5 minute game time. To win the game you must eliminate all opposing players and grab the flag from their start gate and bring it back to yours. Eliminating all players and retrieving the flag within 2 minutes will gain you an extra time bonus.
Points given as follows: 4 Points for a win, 2 point for a draw, 1 points for a loss. 1 point extra for winning within time bonus.

New bonus Prize

The winner over all will have the chance to win 50 quid.

they will have to play the NQ home 3 man team.

i think it will be a good chance to play against different teams as well but this is a option and you don't have to but 50 quid is 50 quid

This is a great chance to mix with other players and maybe start your own team, or come down with your friends and see about taking your first steps on the tournament ladder. We are looking at this as the stepping stone to other tournaments such as the king of the hill, or UK Masters 5 man. With this controlled and guided environment, you can avoid many of the pitfalls a lot of first time players encounter and get a helping hand with how to organize yourselves for an event both beforehand and during the days play.

With this we’d hope to put people on the path of playing regular events, while showing how valuable training can be, with the goal of making sure people no longer feel any worry about what to do at events and how to control your day and get the wins that count.

The cost of the day will be the normal green fee of £15 which includes air up to 4500psi. Paint will be on preorder from £25 a box. You can also bring your own of course. Don’t worry if you need to borrow equipment as we will have ETEK markers and Air systems / loaders (£10 rental charge to cover battery and tech costs). Please make sure you pre book ANYTHING you need as it is limited. If you dont book it, you might not get it!

For more details contact me via email on lukec@northernquarterpb.com

Please put your name below if you wish to book in.

The £15 Deposit needs to be paid before the event itself.

Please send payments to payments@northernquarterpb.com and dont forget the 4% please guys! :)

If you do not have paypal, please let me know so we can make alternative arrangements.

See you there!

x22

Super paintball Noob ! :D
Jun 27, 2006
Manchester
hehe :p ok =D will do me fine, :) Can a few peope bring cameras because i wouldnt mind some photos