The Home Of European Paintball

Odd shaped balls from the 90's

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
Not that sort of ball you sicko.

Take a look at what I found in the garage, they have been there since probably 1991 since coming back from Nashville.
there was a guy there who said he had studied the way an american football flew threw the air and the accuracy of it, and he had spent quite a few dollars getting some paint made to his specifications, I remember talking to him and thinking he was an absolute nutter, but Jon being Jon got talking to him and he gave him a sample hoping he would place an order or something I guess, well I've just stolen them and for nearly 24 year old paint, it has lasted quite well, take a look at the weird shape and see if you agree with what I thought at the time, which was and bare in mind that there were no forcefed hoppers, just the gravity fed ones that we made ourselves with plumbing pipe or stick feeds, to fire these things you basically had to take off your barrel or push it down your barrel, there was no way to get it in front of the bolt, the only gun that theorectically could fire it was the smg with the clips, but even that would clip the ends, and once you did fire it, as accurate as it was meant to be, (it wasn't by the way it was dog ****) being the shape of an egg the point hitting you was so small it would never break, there was a good chance it would hurt like a bitch though.
This was decades before mag fed or those ones with flights on the back. some say the guy was a visionary, I say he was a nutter.
Take a look at the odd shaped paint from the 1990's
P1000662.JPG

Attachments

I am Cassius

The Turks
May 2, 2014
Looks like a lot of the paint we fired in the nineties! Do you remember tumbling it to make it fly straighter? Another fad that only lasted a few months!

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
You could get that stuff in .62 as well couldn't you - remember the "sniper fins"? bits of plastic you stuck to the back of paintballs to make them like mini nerf rockets? you could even collect up the fins after a game to reuse them. At least that was the idea, I suspect they were never fired in anger.

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
I've just measured them on my piercing gauge and they are .681 and the yellow ones I have from evil are .683.
The guy did at one point completely out of the blue Just look me in the eye and say " I would die for my country and for jesus" that was a determining factor in my label of nutter.
That and his ghillie suit he had on at the time.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Americans can be odd like that, I posted over on mcarterbrown once in response to a post about conceal carry when someone had just explained that when he went to a safer area he'd carry a smaller calibre pistol than when he went to an area he considered dodgy. I simply asked why would he feel the need to carry a gun somewhere he considered safe, resulting in many coments like "I hope someones carrying a gun when you get attacked so they can save you and show you the error of your thinking", normally they are so nice on that website as well.