Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Off hand practice.

Redminnow

Sep 2, 2012
Anyone know a good way to improve my shooting with my off hand (it's bad...). I'm not able to get to a site very often and don't have anywhere local that I can shoot sadly so tips and tricks to improve without firing (sadly quite difficult I'm guessing) would be appreciated.

Cheers

Howzy

Northern Blackouts Capitano #29
Jan 31, 2015
North east
I would also be interested in learning drills for this. But you can always carry your marker around your house in your left hand so it doesn't feel as awkward.

Boog Bry

Mar 7, 2015
I seen a video of a guy using reusable balls and firing into a quilt, I'm new and not sure how safe this is but it looked safe enough. Is that an option for you?

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Best thing I ever did was play a couple of punter days with left hand only self imposed all day.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
2 ideas. 1st, when you're doing nothing (e.g. watching TV) sit with your gun in your hand, hold it properly and slowly practise walking the trigger. focus on making sure your 1st finger pulls AND releases the trigger and then repeating with the second finger. very slowly build up the speed. just keep doing it until you can walk the trigger on your off hand as well as your strong hand.
2nd to make sure you have the correct posture you can stand facing a mirror, and use the edge of the mirror as your imaginary bunker. practise a slow snap shot movement until you can see your self in the mirror, and then move back to the start. repeat on both hands and assuming you already have decent form on your strong side, you can match it up to your off side so that both look the same.

the basic idea is to match up your poor hand to feel the same as your strong hand.

Redminnow

Sep 2, 2012
I've tried to do some self enforced off hand find it quite difficult to make myself as I only get to play once a month but agree it's the right think to do. Thanks for the ideas Liam will give them a go.

Reactions: Liam92

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I've tried to do some self enforced off hand find it quite difficult to make myself as I only get to play once a month but agree it's the right think to do. Thanks for the ideas Liam will give them a go.
oh its just crossed my mind that the first thing i said only applies if you have an electronic marker with a double finger trigger. If you don't the second idea of using the mirror will work with any marker.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Yup just force yourself. Its pretty hard at first and will feel super weird (as would shooting a pool cue, or writing with your off hand)

We used to train all day left handed!

Oh and shooting things in your house at a bed sheet will teach you as much as shouting "pew pew pew!" and commando rolling around the kitchen.

Demo2222

Mar 29, 2015
One Thing you can practice to help you shoot Better off handed without actually playing and gunnin is to practice the transition from right hand to left hand and finding the target and trigger off handed quickly.
Find a target to youre left and a target to you right and practice going from one hand to the other hand each time acquiring your target and finding the trigger.

There is no substitute for game time. get out and play!

Reactions: xITMProductions