Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Official Loctite Use Thread

Cypha

Part-Time Cannon Fodder
Dec 24, 2005
In a house
It was a second hand air bottle....been though the wars a bit though!, but the paint job went very well so............... :p

Should the 243 loctite be ok for the gauge and the filler valve or should i use something stronger

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
just reading through this and a thought came to my head (doesn't happen often)

Im dead sure that manufacturers dont lonctite regs to bottles. Its just not done for the reason mentioned.

The reason i believe they are so tight and feel as if they are loctited is because they are installed using a specific torque into the bottle.

At least thats what i remember from memory.

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
well i know Air America used to loctite their regs in, ive got mine ready to go for hydro now and i have a horrible feeling theyre not gonna be able to get it out as theres NOTHING to grip the reg by, its just round :s

Just in case you guys need loctite, i used these people on ebay.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/StarLoc-Five-Star-Adhesives-FMK_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

i asked all the questions and told them all the pressures and they recommend the 242. i notice they do a 243 but like i said they advised me 242 for elbows, gauges etc.
they have a lot of info on there ebay shop and are happy to answer questions.
£2-50 for a 10g bottle as well. i think thats a good price and cheaper shipping if you buy more.
hope this helps guys
nige

yngndrw

Jul 23, 2006
Southport, UK
I know this isn't about Loctite, but it's about what can be used to seal a reg to a bottle ... Can PTFE tape be used AS LONG AS IT DOESNT COVER ANY BLOW HOLES ?

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
I know this isn't about Loctite, but it's about what can be used to seal a reg to a bottle ... Can PTFE tape be used AS LONG AS IT DOESNT COVER ANY BLOW HOLES ?

NO ..dont do it ..youll get crap all the way through your system air presure alone will hold it on

yngndrw

Jul 23, 2006
Southport, UK
NO ..dont do it ..youll get crap all the way through your system air presure alone will hold it on
Oh okay fair enough. Is it okay for sealing low pressure stuff ? I had a leak on my ION's guage (Which I had just replaced) so I put PTFE on it and that stopped the leak. Just wondering if it will have an effect later on or not ? It works fine currently though.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
it will work buddy, its just that PTFE breaks down into small bits and can get into the airways of the marker and potentially lead to dead solenoid's ..a lot of people use it but I wouldnt recommend it for anything if you dont have to :) loctite

yngndrw

Jul 23, 2006
Southport, UK
it will work buddy, its just that PTFE breaks down into small bits and can get into the airways of the marker and potentially lead to dead solenoid's ..a lot of people use it but I wouldnt recommend it for anything if you dont have to :) loctite
Alright then cheers, better keep my solenoid clean then. Better get some Loctite 242 as well while I'm at in. :)