Oh what tangled webs we weave ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
There has been much talk recently regarding what happened last weekend whereby there were problems with some of the paint.
Different versions are flying around seemingly dependant upon which side of the fence you are on.
I don't like annonymous posts because it smacks of a lack of conviction but in the case, I am gonna post this account because they guy who sent it to me has no political agendas and is just a guy who wants to play paintball and wants to stay outa the limelight and therefore attract any flaming.

I have not added to this account in any way, I have though, deleted some of it to protect the identity of the guy who authored it ... I suppose it's up to you guys whether you believe it or not but in my opinion, he seems honest enough in his account and it supports other accounts I have heard ......

This is more or less what happened.

The guys were told on Saturday that nick, the owner of site was unhappy with the choice of paints being sold. Apparently he hadn't expected winter formula paint (a point which I find rather hard to swallow. You don't run a paintball site without expecting winter paints in, Erm, winter).

In particular one of the brands was cited as having a very thick fill which he felt may damage his site and/or trees. After testing a batch he was apparently happy for it to be used.

2 hours before game on on Sunday he raised issue with a second brand and took the decision to ban those brands (draxxus and dark sports) from use. Obviously this raised a bit of a hoohaa with BZ, lips, Max's, and some of the other teams threatening to walk.

Apparently an agreement was reached to allow those boxes bought on the Saturday to be used, with no more of those to be fold on the Sunday. This did not affect the sale of the sterling winter paint supplied by Barnett and sables....

Now add to this the fact that the sterling was for many ropey (to the extent that some of the "supported" teams were trying to get other paint) and that sables himself had a van load of formula 13 and wasn't using the stuff and therein lies the start of some questions.

Questions were raised on the super 6 Facebook After the game but none that could be construed as remotely critisising lasted more than 2 minutes tops....

Tim barnett was trying to explain that the paint decision was all nicks and that it was all proving a sticky wicket for him and that posts were removed to try and prevent any legal backlash from nick.

So there you go. An inside view. Take from it what you will.
I give everyone my word this is not made up, it's a genuine account of what the author felt happened, and I also promise you this .... I'll give as much consideration to any contrived denials to that account as was given to anybody on certain other forums by just asking questions.
Now, I have banned many people on our site but I have never banned people for merely asking a question, if I did that, it would really look as though I was hiding something.
I ban people if I don't like them or they have broken the rules not asking questions ..

Last edited:

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Personally speaking, I didn't know about the issues with Draxxus and Dark Sports until the end when Tim was closing the weekend.

I was using Sterling Claymore all weekend and didn't have one ball break. Yes, it started to dimple a bit towards the end of the weekend, but it was very cold out!

I honestly do not believe there was any form of malice and Tim released a statement on the issue on various forums

I played along side the teams and the spirit was fantastic, and it didnt stop everyone from having a great day. It was unfortunate but hey-ho - who said big events were easy to manage? :)

Personally, it was my 1st big game and I loved every minute of it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
As I promised, I have given the same respect as was given other people who raised questions .. basically i deleted his example of trying to squirm out of responsibility.
And Wild, whilst I respect your opinion and will leave it up, you admitted this was your first ever event like this and so you are not really gonna be in a position to know the full story let alone any of the stuff that happened behind the scenes that I have been made aware of ..
And just one other thing here, if a merry band of supporters begin trying to corner the market of rebuttals to my post [which is not my account by the way] then they will be deleted .. end of!!

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
Robbo, you know how much I appreciated your support over the marker issue - and I know it may sound like I am slapping you in the face (which I am not), but I was there.
I know the team involved who were debating if they would leave early or not - glad they didn't as they enjoyed themselves.
Although it was my first game, I am also 'in the know' and still in contact with various people involved in the organisation of the event. Whilst I am not Tim or Nick and I wasn't privvy to their discussions, I was privvy to the after discussions.
There will always be problems when a paint manufacturer sponsors an event where other paint is being sold. If anything goes wrong and other paint isn't up to the allowed parameters of the site, people will cry "conspiracy!".
Now, I don't know how waxy Draxxus etc was, but I do know that the paint on my kit is VERY waxy - like crayon when dried - so maybe there was something in it.
Other paint was runny - like normal paint (ie crispy shell on outside, watery fill on inside).
I am going to back out of this convo now as I cannot add more to it other than I was there any my own experiences.

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
Oh by the way wild, aren't you an admin on talkpb???

Please tell me ... please
I helped Andy out back when I used to play - then stopped when I stopped playing paintball. I've been helping with backups etc - I am not an admin, per-say but needed access to test backups and recovery.

I buy my stuff from anyone who has it cheap and I am not paid, employed by Andy - although I do consider him a friend.

Last edited:

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
Apologies Robbo - I was typing that reply when you re-asked.

And on a side note, I know there has been run-ins with each other - but I am not interested in that - none of my business.

I've experienced your help and will always tell people you've been great.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Wild, I'm afraid your posts are now non-admissable due to your connection with a piece of scum ... you've now lost your right to post on my site, how's that? ....
Like it?
Well, it's exactly the same as what has been done to people who have just asked questions on forums and facebook .... it's best you align yourself with a different outfit wild.
And one more thing, I ONLY get like this when I know that what's happening is bad for the players and so, you take a long hard look at what's been going down around you .... there's a whole world of cr@p that follows laurel and hardy around ... you are ignorant of the vast majority and as such, I'd tend to keep my head down lest people think I'm an idiot for toeing the party line with no recourse to finding out what really goes on.

Last edited:

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
I'm sorry you feel that way Rob. If that is how you feel, you gotta do what you gotta do.
:/

End of the day, these are your forums and if you choose to ban me simply because of a difference of opinion, then I am sorry to have bugged you.

As I said, you've been good to me and it isnt a case of taking sides - I speak highly of both of the sides :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.