Oh what tangled webs we weave ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
What triple c says, prima facia, seems reasonable when referring to an insult that falls within the remit of accepted abuse but .... as I said to someone else in a message, it's like calling someone a paedophile and then saying sorry an hour afterwards, the apology is meaningless.
It's obvious triple c is in their camp and he's trying to do a damage limitation job here by inferring that since an apology has been made, everything is alright in the world ... it fuhkin ain't in my world.

I will NOT be spoken to on my forum by a long streak of piss telling me I'm a c#nt and he hopes I die of cancer and for you [triplec] to suggest his apology is acceptable is the biggest load of faeces I've heard for a long time.

There are some things that are in a sense predictable and allowable in a dispute, one of the most heated and heartfelt abuses I have ever had to deal with was jeff abbott, I hated, still hate his guts with a vengeance but as I said, I would never disrespect him by saying I hoped he'd die of cancer, that comment goes waaaay beyond the accepted rules and CANNOT be written off so easily with an apology.

Apologies are easily written and tripple c or whatever your frikkin name is, any person who has an ounce of integrity would never use the phrase cessle did, if someone possesses sufficient integrity to make an apology then it would be acceptable but this is not the case here, a person who states quite unambiguously they hope I die of cancer has no integrity and therefore just doesn't possess the necessary integrity to write a meaningful apology; all he did was write the words out and they mean nothing to me, not a damn thing.
The only thing I want now is to meet him and give him the opportunity to back his sh!t up and say what he said to my face, he now has to be a man and face up to what he's done ... this is his only way out ..
He can bring who the fuhk he likes with him, I don't give a sh!t and I will give you my word I'll come on my own,

I now know who he is and where he lives, all that remains is for us to meet, and if he chooses not to, then I will take it from there..
I don't like you triplec, you offend my sensibilities but I will let your posts stand but i will preclude you from posting anything else but you are NOT gonna tell me 'an apology is an apology' and therefore hostilities come to an end, that is my decision and not yours.

Last edited:

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Pete - yes it's a horrific thing to say, but if it had been said to me, I'd still just ignore it - people have said plenty of unpleasant things to me on the net over the years, from death threats downward (seems to come with the territory of being a moderator on any forum), but it's not a medium that I take particuarly seriously and if I got angry at every bellend with an IP address I'd be raging 24/7.

...but you're not me and people take insults very differently.

Last edited:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Gadge, I appreciate your post and i think the problem I have in this matter is, I have NEVER been insulted like that before, not EVER.
You have been a member here for many a year and I know you have seen pretty much every argument I have ever gotten into, and to a point, I have let things slide over my head for a quieter life of late, but on this occasion, I just cannot find it within myself to forget or even to accept an apology from him.
He has apologised for two reasons, he knows he was bang out of order, he knows I am gonna go for him and so what does he do?
He writes an apology .. and please note I said 'write' .. writing something does not mean to say they mean it.
The other reason he typed it out was because barnett told him to .... now, these are two reasons that just don't add up to me, his apology isn't sinceret, it's a device to get him out fo the sh!t he has placed himself in .. to save his own skin, not because he is truly sorry ... anyone who says sh!t like he did has zero integrity and as such any apology forthcoming from such a person means nothing, nothing at all.
He has made his own bed and now he has to lie in it ..... I am gonna stew on this for many a night and I gotta say, and i never thought I would ever say it ..I now loathe and hate a man more than i do abbott .... this does not bode well ....

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
Hi robbo, as we get older it seems our shoulders get broader. But something's still can and will push the wrong buttons with us and how you/we choose to deal with these things that do are completely up to you/us. So people should leave this matter of cessle to you and him.

As for the real reason this thread was started I've not played any of these events and by what as been said on this thread I have no intention of doing so. There are lots of events like this out there so it won't be missed. But even if it is then someone can probably take this events place maybe someone that we can trust.

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
By the way my first post on this matter was one made after I had read the hole thread and is my own opinion. I neather like or dislike the organisers of these events I just wouldn't trust them.

As for Pete he's always tried and done his best for paintball I've know him for a long time since NWC dartford shop and always had and still does give great advice I value this man's opinion.

Last edited:

matzy

Matzy
Jan 8, 2009
Somerset
www.bonecollectors.info
Well that was a long read, and usually that is all I do, read and remain on the fence not taking sides, not pointing fingers and most certainly not making accusations, admittedly I will make my feelings known to people that I know and trust, but that's what friends are for, to vent your frustrations and air your views privately, especially if you feel that some form of backlash would be felt from any comments made publicly that could affect elements of my life. BUT one thing tonight has angered me enough to feel the need to vent my feelings publicly.

For a very long time I have disliked the Shoreline machine and their methods and took the personal decision long ago not to be involved with any of their events or promotions, I have sat and watched argument after argument erupt and people take sides without getting involved myself. I have lost money to Shoreline by having tickets refuse to be refunded back on CTD1 when the advertised game numbers increase dramatically, I made a donation to S4S and was not happy with the method of payment, I was part of a game organisation team that was affected by a Super6 game being announced on the same date (teams/players having to drop out of the game to attend theirs). I have been privy to private industry conversations that support many of the accusations made. I will not name anyone, I will not repeat what has been said, I will not make accusations of my own, but believe me that much of what has been said holds more truth than the majority of you realise. Don't get me wrong, I do think Tim has the ability to organise a fantastic game, has some amazing ideas and does have the drive to make take scenario paintball forward, but the way he deals with any form of competition casts a dark shadow over that.

And now the part that has really pushed me to post, reading the comment posted by someone I once regarded as a friend wishing Pete to die of cancer caused myself and my wife so much pain its hard to describe the sick feeling I have at this moment. In our family we have lost to cancer 2 aunties and a father, aswell as dealing with a sister who had cancer (luckily removed and no sign of return) and a mother who has leukaemia. This is bad enough but as some may know we recently lost my 19 year old son in a road accident, admittedly not to cancer but the outcome remains the same. For me, death has a whole new meaning, it not only takes a life, it destroys the lives of those affected by the death, a pain I would not wish upon my worst enemy.

Before I get jumped on for not acknowledging the apology posted, I will acknowledge it, but like Robbo it is not an apology I would accept, especially having read that he was asked to apologise rather than taking the decision to apologise himself without the intervention of a 3rd party. I'm disgusted by the comment, I'm personally hurt by the comment. Maybe said in the heat of the moment but no matter what the situation, it is a comment that should never have seen the light of day.

I am friends with many who have posted here, many know me, many know my situation and I am sorry if my feelings do not sit well with you, I'm sorry that the arguments are causing such bad feeling between many people, I'm sorry that a sport which is supposed to be the hobby of so many is being affected by so few. I took the decision when Dan died to quit paintball but was convinced to remain a player, a very hard thing to do as Dan and myself were best mates, we did everything together, we played ball together, we enjoyed the sport and our hobby together. I'm saddened to say that this whole situation has left such a bad taste that I, and my wife have both decided enough is enough, no longer can we enjoy our hobby, no longer is it something we can do without feeling an element of resentment to the few that choose to destroy what was once a good community. Flame me, hate me, do what you will but I'm hurting already and we cannot be made to feel any worse.

leachy

Dec 1, 2005
Tamworth
Matzy, my heart goes out to you, I have had problems with Shoreline for over 12 months and it has made me finally decide to give the game up. A game I have loved for over 20 years, I don't think I will pick up a marker again but luckily I can still watch my son play. He will be playing Sup'Air so the chances of bumping into shoreline supporters are slim.
I thank the big fella up above (no, not Robbo) that I have not personally been affected by cancer but I still understand the hatred of the comments made. I also belive that the "apology" wasn't worth reading

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
i know that more and more issues are cropping up on this thread and sadly in this day and age when something goes wrong it has to be dealt with no matter how gruesome that process may be.

however this has been the final straw for me to see in black and white that these people are causing players to leave the sport and to quote, it is people who love the sport that are leaving.

enough is enough.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
As I said on the “dear robbo” thread…having lost family to cancer and have family members currently suffering with it, I find the post extremely offensive and hurtful not for just robbo’s sake, but for generally wishing such a horrible thing on anybody.
I normally don’t post on these threads, but rather just read and get informed….but this has truly sickened me, hope you get to the bottom of it robbo, this is for lack of a better term….bang out of order.

Ditto

I could have lost both my Father and Step father to Cancer (Prostrate and Bowel) in the last couple of years. Fortunately both were diagnosed early and after treatment are now doing well. In my Stepfathers case this involved a temporary colostomy and extensive surgery in Spring 2011. I'm pleased to say he's since had his colostomy reversed, and making a good recovery.

Sick comments like the one aimed at Pete really cut me to the bone. No apology will ever make ammends for the hurt caused to those concerned in my book. That was a really low and cowardly thing to post up, and I'm totally disgusted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.