Oh what tangled webs we weave ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Reb, I hope my response explains but as for suggesting I indulged myself in 'speak to the hand ....' then you are wrong, I don't like reading bull**** .. I don't trust a word he says or what sables utters and on that basis, I tend to trust people's accounts as long as I trust the person themself.
But this is diverting somewhat of an important point here that you've made but not pursued, that of, if you made up [compiled] accounts then why not post them instead of what was done here ... reb, surely this is what's important here because it indicates a real problem; the fact you are able to establish I have got a short degree of tolerance with bs is niether here nor there ...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
One thing that's patently obvious here is, this ain't doing paintball much good and it's 100% true but when a thread blew up some years ago whereby the industry and players had concerns about a certain supplier of compressed air at events ... I took it on in the same way as I'm doing here in this thread and asked the questoins that needed asking, I took an enormous amount of sh!t from the guy in question and some of his little followers.
Mind you, to his credit, he didn't wish i die of cancer :?
It turned out, he was actually running an unprofessional and extremely dangerous outfit ... that thread got him out of paintball .. had I not took it on, who knows what might have happened?

It's exactly the same thing here, I might well have been causing embarrasment and problems for certain people but questions needed answering and as I have said many times, this is one time I genuinely hope we were wrong .. go back and read them if you haven't got a life, it's there in black and white ..

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
I've stated my own logical conclusion of why the parties involved have stated that they'll provide the information on conclusion of the funds allocation. That makes perfect sense to me and I honestly can't see why it doesn't to any other reasonable person.

I have just had a telephone conversation with Tim Barnett regarding the email referred to. During that conversation he forwarded it to me in it's entirety. It contains a lot of information that should have helped clear this whole situation up, including apologies from him for the ad thing and other information that I'm sure he'd rather have not passed to me, if it weren't for the purpose of being 100% transparent.

The astounding thing is that it's not one of the one's you refer to above but it actually INCLUDES YOUR RESPONSE to it on 08 February 2012 11:37

I'm sure an email to the councilor, asking for notification when all funds are allocated, would receive a positive response. Then it would be perfectly appropriate to ask that the S4S information be made available promptly afterwards.

I can see that emotions seem to be the overriding factor here, over logic and reason, so it appears senseless in me trying to appeal any further than that.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Reb, just so you can see some substantiation to my point of not wanting to hear from him again and told him as much, here is part of the post I sent him to barnett on the 8th .. I hope you will agree it co-incides with what I maintain in terms of preparing the ground for me to delete or ignore any further communications from him, here it is :-

This is the deal, you mention you don’t wanna enter into email slanging match; did you not read the first two words of my previous email where it quite clearly stated, ‘Dont Bother’ which was referring to you getting back in touch with me ....
YOU are the person initiating this email verbal volleyball not me, I cut it short by saying ‘DON’T BOTHER’ ... can you see it now :/
That roughly translates out to, I don’t wanna hear another fukkin word from you ... you abused my trust and now I am getting to hear many of the other things you’ve done to people ... most agree with the ‘megalomaniac’ description in wanting to corner the market and others have mentioned your propensity to lie ... I don’t believe a ****ing word you say.

At least you can now maybes get an insight into my state of mind at that time.

Last edited:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I'm gonna be speaking to Ledz tomorrow and he will have sifted his way through this thread by then and if he thinks this thread should stay up, then it wil, if he thinks otherwise, then it won't. What I do know is this, he will decide upon criterion that doesn't include my friendship with him but for the betterment of paintball as a whole. .....
I trust him over I trust myself when it comes to matters such as this. I will also be talking to my mods and see what they think .. others will make the call on this, I am just standing by every single word I have uttered and the reason i elected to go public with this was entirely because I beleived there was a possibility something was amiss and ballers could be being shafted.
Let's see what tomorrow brings ...

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
I'll be frank here. All I've seen is this starting with a baseing in advert issue to then latch onto the District 10 paint issue, and finally the Support 4 Soldiers issue. Despite other people and companies being involved, it seems that it's all been about tarnishing Shoreline. I don't care who puts the event on. If Jim wants to give us the games we want, by all means book sites like Sennybridge/Copehill Down and run a game with good quality normal paint if that's what he's saying is possible. I make a personal choice on what games I play. It just so happens that Shoreline and the Super6 partners provide, in my opinion, the most consistent experience at present. I've played NvS. I've played at Warped's Lockdown, Christmas Carange etc. I've played at NPF at multiple Diamond Wars. I've played games put on by scenario teams.

I was there at District 10. We were one of the teams affected by the statement by Nick Sanders, on Sunday morning, that Frostbite and GI Sportz Winter weren't allowed to be sold and used. We, and two other prominent scenario teams, made it very clear we weren't happy and were prepared to walk if we couldn't use the paint we'd chosen AND already paid BZ for.

Support 4 Soldiers issue has been explained, BEFORE this even came up in the last few days, but the explanations have been conveniently ignored in favour of 'trusted sources'. The sources may well be trusted but facts get changed as they make their way down the chain of chinese whispers.

All I've seen from this, and many other existing and new players no doubt, is what appears to be a 'close your eyes', 'listen to what's convenient' campaign to slur peoples reputations and cause them damage, with NO ACTUAL EVIDENCE. Every bit I've seen has been purely CIRCUMSTANTIAL! On top of that, rather than listen to reasonable statements of facts, threats of violence have been made.

That really is it from me. I don't see any point in commenting on this particular thread any further as it seems whatever is presented will simply be turned round and something else pop up. Even if the accounts HAD been posted, would anyone actually take them at face value or would the argument be 'but, why weren't they presented x weeks/months ago' to continue circumstantial suspicion?

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
So the following people and organisations have been attacked in the course of this thread and none of the accusations have stuck.

Support For Soldiers and its organisers. Shoreline, Tippmann, DXS, BZ Paintball, Tony Lindsay and Al Murray
Tim Barnett
Andy Sables
Shoreline
Super 6
UK Scenario
The moderators of UK Scenario

A couple of points......

Surely, even if this was done in the interests of the baller, then if the accusations are without foundation then an apology should be in the pipeline. Preferably accompanied with a donation to Support For Soldiers.

Putting aside the S4S stuff for a side, the mods on UKS have been accused of various terrible acts of bullying and censorship which have also been disproven. I can promise you that if there was a thread on UKS that basically consisted of banned members of P8nt bitching and crying about their treatment, out of respect to you and your mods we would police it very closely and probably close it down as it would ultimately serve no purpose. Also there is a distinct lack of people queuing up to add to the stories of woe perpetrated by Jamie, David Jack, Dano and Leachy. Which would lead me to reach the conclusion that we're not actually all that bad. The list of banned people on UKS is tiny. 90% of the people on there are spambots.

Finally, I find it quite sad that the first real engagement that this forum has had with the Super 6 is in such a negative fashion. Hundreds of ballers played the events last year and had a great time, not everyone did, you can't make everyone happy all of the time. Surely as the "largest paintball forum in Europe" it would be better to engage positively with something that has changed the face of scenario paintball in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.