Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

!! Ollie Lang taking a break from paintball !!

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
ollielang.com

Dear Reader, Friends, Family and Fans.

During these past few months I have embarked on quite a journey. A journey I never would have thought that it would change my life so much for the better. I have just opened a chapter in my life that I need to pursue more. I have been learning an abundance of yogic knowledge that was brought to my attention. A wealth of information to self improvement, health and happiness. I feel the need to seek more and learn more about these topics.

After 16 consecutive seasons of playing professional paintball, and blossoming into who I am within this beautiful sport, I’m ready to learn who I truly am underneath this jersey.

Paintball has been a benchmark in my lifetime and to have achieved all that I have has maybe it my dream come true. Along this dream of mine I have learned many valuable lessons travelled to far off lands and have had of a life time all do to this sport. I want to lead by example, and It is a great humble honour of mine to have all you people who care so much about me. This is an opportunity of mine in which I can finally give back to this paintball community.

This year I am asking for your support in my decision to take a year long sabbatical in a quest of a life time. To really challenge myself and push into the unknown. The decision to take time off from paintball has been a hard one.

I started this offseason with the feeling that I had to do something different. In December I arrived in Peru. At night I would sit and listen to the sounds of the jungle, but all I could think about was paintball. How do I continue to play paintball and make it as fun and exciting as when I first started? What will it take for me to truly appreciate what I had? Why am I feeling like I can’t go on like this? After deciding to take a break, a lot of thoughts came up.

I’m afraid that I’m letting a lot of people down. I’m leaving the security of a place I’ve called home for twenty years to travel and live in unfamiliar countries. I’m choosing to leave behind friends and family that I’ve shared so many memories with. I’m trading in the familiar for the uncertain, and with that comes both fear and excitement.

My plan is to fully live in the moment and see where this experience takes me. I plan on taking on many physical, spiritual and mental obstacles to arrive and become a better happier healthier Oliver. I plan on traveling throughout Asia.

I will still be playing European paintball as well as attending many clinics to help grow the level of sport in Asia. (if interested please send me an email to clinics@ollielang.com)

It’s time for me to break the pattern of my repetitive self and explore new lands. I feel
that separation is also a part of mastery and I plan on returning in 2016 as an even more rounded, sharper, faster, smarter, and much more mindful player.

I look forward to dedicating this year to myself but also sharing with of you my progress, so maybe you as well can face your fears and step into the unknown.

I want what is best for all of us in this paintball community, we depend on each other and we need to grow. With this challenge I invite you all into my heart and my life. I will share with you my daily practice in hope you do the same for others.

Finally this is my chance to serve you all because with out even knowing, it you all have motivated me so much in my past to fulfil my dreams.

Thank you. I love you and thank you for loving me.

Ollie Lang

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I will still be playing European paintball as well as attending many clinics to help grow the level of sport in Asia. (if interested please send me an email to clinics@ollielang.com)
Wow! That alone is pretty interesting. I used to know Ollie decently well. We'd practice against Iron Kids, KAPP, etc almost every weekend at the Fairgrounds in Vallejo, CA (Seriously 14-15 uears ago). I can understand his need to step away, and hope he finds a mental and spiritual motivation that will lead to a happy life. Also look forward to seeing him at Mills events.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
No one in paintball makes enough money to afford being a scientologist.

Reactions: H

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Load of tree hugging nonsense.

He'll end up a stoner in Thailand with a cheap hooker on each arm and bouncing from moonlight beach party to Bangkok backstreet bars.

Some or all of the above may not be factually accurate.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Spoken like someone who has walked that walk heh. Also...ladyboys.

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
It's something that we all should do if given the chance, travel and experience different cultures. Travelling the world playing paintball is NOT experiencing different cultures.
I travelled the world playing paintball in the 90's, then in '97 I quit and got a proper job, two years later I got bored and wanted to travel, so I did, spent two years travelling the world, best thing I ever did, yes there were lots of drugs involved, but there were a lot of drugs involved in the UK too, just better ones out there.
So I say good luck to Ollie, I've met him loads of times and I always thought he was going to be an arrogant arsehole, turns out he is a bit of an arsehole but no arrogant, but he's also quite a nice guy too, which surprised me.
After travelling the world I decided to live somewhere really exotic, so ended up in florida (sarcasm alert) now back in the old motherland and looking to be heading off again soon.
Go for it Ollie.

Reactions: EELZ

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Sounds like he's taking up airsoft, but doesn't want to tell anyone.

And if he's "lost on a journey", he should have used a map. Like all us normal joes.

Reactions: StewartW and H