Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Olympics one day??

P8ntballer-Josh

Feb 6, 2017
I've been out the sport for a while but when i was heavily playing like 8/9 years ago in the NSPL there used to be talk that one day we would see paintball as an Olympic sport which i thought was a really exciting prospect.

I'm sitting here at work thinking about it all and if we would actually see it and i didn't know if there was any news on it or what people's thoughts were about it becoming one of the Olympic events or not at all? Would it do paintball a massive favour and get more people into it?

Josh

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Yes, I agree.

This is a topic that comes up every few months. In short, our first step to recognition as a sport is a governing body & 1800 members....which you think would be pretty straightforward, but as with many things in paintball, it isn't.

The gentleman in charge of this mission is Ainsley Baddeley - this is his FB page:-

https://www.facebook.com/ainsley.baddeley?fref=nf&pnref=story

If it is in his hands, it will get done.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
It's a regular topic. At least every 4 years there is an increase of traffic discussing paintball in the olympics, but also whenever x sport gets highlighted as a recognized sport / trial olympics sport

E.g. Recently it was competitive cheerleading

If you search any paintball related Facebook group you will find numerous Olympic discussions
In the last month or so there was a constructive discussion, which started with the standard 'it's not fair that ______ has been recognised as a sport' but ended with good discussion

To even be recognized as a sport in any country there needs to be an official body, and for the olympics there needs to be an international structure

Ukpsf are in a good place to be out recognised body, then the European body, and there have been attempts for international standardization - cue the wpbo which gets somebodies knickers in a twist with anything they say

There needs to be the ability to demonstrate that people are regularly participating
Delta forces ukpba have attempted to claim that everyone they have ever had sign a disclaimer to play as their 'ukpba' player members, and have been laughed at by sport England
Ukpsf have been trying to get people signed up as player members and to have people renew, they are currently working on this

Ukpsf have also commissioned the Leeds university to conduct a study on paintball
The U.K. Student network has asked people to respond to a survey and Ainsley has gone out to cpps team captains to complete a survey
(These may or may not be the same survey, as the university will be surveying different types of players)

Link to the student networks post:
https://www.facebook.com/UKSPN/posts/1199081280169639

P8ntballer-Josh

Feb 6, 2017
Hello Tom,

Thanks for the link...filled out ther survey knowing I could help with their research...

Let's hope one day it could be real eh...think it would definately add to the excitement of it...much prefer that over fencing or BMXing