Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Olympics

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Until the next Olympics then....
Why wait until then?

The Commonwealth Games start in July.....and they have crown green bowling.

Which, besides being riveting if you are 70, has one focal point. Drat.

crumbla146

Sep 17, 2012
farnham
i dont think that the way it would be televised would be the issue... you need alot of governing bodies in alot of different nations for the olympics to consider the 'sport' worthy, and a proportionate male/female participation. the world is miles off...... but PSP style tele on the reg would be class!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Crumb, as far as I know, the sport doesn't need to have representative gender participation because Olympic boxing had no female participation, and no male synchronised swimmers [thank God for that].
To be considered for an Olympic sport, there has to be an international body to represent the sport and also there has to be a common format.
We have none of that .... we will always knock heads with politics because our sport is infiltrated with industry concerns and these would have to be extracted before we ask for Olympic approval. You cannot have private enterprise calling the sport's shots - it's a big-fat no-no I'm afraid.

We won't be getting Olympic approval I'm afraid, not unless something fundamental changes or a lot of money starts being generated because money tends to grease any wheels, even Olympic wheels.

Reactions: M4rkm93

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
Another thing we're missing here is diversity outside of gender, Paralympic Paintball would be quite a hard thing to create as well, I took a paraplegic friend of mine to Delta Force once expecting him to enjoy it but he couldn't get through the car park let alone fire his marker whilst pressing his electric buttons to move, couldn't duck under objects for cover either, would need to create a new map for Paralympians to play on, unsure what people without hands would do as well, maybe have leg attachments like that that film where the chick has an M4 with Grenade Launcher attached to her lower leg.

We also need to nominate a Fat Swiss man to lead PB on a global scale as well iirc and pay him handsomely, being a skint sport I'm not sure we'd be able to acquire one.

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
Unsure where it came from tbh, just randomly popped into my head ( strange place to be at times )
Of course I don't even have friends who are less mobile.............. or any for that matter :cry:

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
What would make it interesting is not to have teams but 1V1's, a much better way of determining who the best is rather than the team that gets lucky and mobs everyone by the masses on spawn, Simple Maze style Map, Semi auto and only say a 25 FS round mag modified to fit a TPX or some other Tiberius Arms Marker, No remotes, no bottles, just CO2 caps, Televised via live feed helmet cams and you can switch between via the red Button or old school split screen, very loud steel flooring so you can hear footsteps etc as well.
Job Jobbed,
Another thing we're missing here is diversity outside of gender, Paralympic Paintball would be quite a hard thing to create as well, I took a paraplegic friend of mine to Delta Force once expecting him to enjoy it but he couldn't get through the car park let alone fire his marker whilst pressing his electric buttons to move, couldn't duck under objects for cover either, would need to create a new map for Paralympians to play on, unsure what people without hands would do as well, maybe have leg attachments like that that film where the chick has an M4 with Grenade Launcher attached to her lower leg.
We also need to nominate a Fat Swiss man to lead PB on a global scale as well iirc and pay him handsomely, being a skint sport I'm not sure we'd be able to acquire one.
Problem solved.

1PanzerPaintBNPS_800x549_1.jpg

Reactions: onasilverbike