Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

One Book To Rule Them All

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Field sizes would be a standard thing, I don't think that bunkers need to be standardized though.
I look forward to hearing what the changes will be. I had a pretty long conversation with Max Lundqvist in Puget, and he was down right adamant about moving to limited paint in some fashion.

To be honest, most games are so damn fast anyway that I never pulled more than 2 pods in Basildon, and the slow fields in Puget I used 4 pods and a hopper (as the back center). So 700-800 per game is pretty reasonable.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
So should we expect a consolidation on field layouts/bunkers? Goodbye M, hello A?
I way preferred playing the A. The M is fun but when its set up in the cross shape it just becomes a pinball machine, rattle a hopper in there and there's a high chance after 4 rebounds its going to hit someone.

Reactions: H

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
I way preferred playing the A. The M is fun but when its set up in the cross shape it just becomes a pinball machine, rattle a hopper in there and there's a high chance after 4 rebounds its going to hit someone.
I've never played an A but my overall impression is that it reduces some cross-field shots that you get through the M, opens up the back field for more imaginative shooting off-the-break, is a more usable centre bunker than the M and is just in general better than the M. I'm game for centre A bunkers in 2016, hopefully this is included in the rulebook! I'm sure they can plaster an M onto the shape of an A bunker to keep the MS happy...

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
They use the A in X-Ball, so no reason they can't in the Mills.

I wonder how much the 2016 upgrade pack would be for sites if they end up combining the Mills and NXL bunker sets... Maybe NXL would use some Mills bunkers, with Mills using the A.

Of course, one rulebook doesn't necessarily mean a shared set of bunkers/layouts.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
The A is half an X basically. The x's were too big and kept flying away. I like the M it's total chaos and offers some crazy shots. The a eh, it blocks a lot out but it can be played.

I doubt we'll see unified bunkers but that's not really a big deal. Although ditching those ****ty cones for temples would be ok in my book.

Reactions: onasilverbike

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
If someone wants to run a 1 day event with different rules, that's fine. That's the nature of paintball, you can play magfed, supair or woodland if you like, it's up to you.

Anyway, WDP ran the Atlantic Star & Forest National events back in the day. They were limited paint 1 day events, and were always packed out. The top teams of the day would attend, too - Preds, Banzai, Shades...

But if the single rulebook is released, any team that wants to compete in the NXL or MS will play events at CPPS, because the bigger domestic tournament series will follow suit and adopt the single rulebook.

As for setting up another series.....I think there are enough events on the calender already, and at least one organiser is struggling to get teams to play theirs.
When last asked ,Ainsley said he had no intention to take CPPS to M500.Im talking different formatsinside just sup air. This is not a sport but a collection of businesses."Sportsmen playing a pastime like a sport " is probably as close as you will ever get.