Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

One for the refs

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
everything you said applied to this situation, well except the last bitabout me just wanting to pull him, he's been playing long enough at a level high enough to know that if a player stays posted whilst asking for a check in a self check area its a 141.

As a player of several years myself, I ref the rules at a strictness assessed by the level of tournament I'm reffing at that time.
wasn't meaning that you would enforce different rules on your Brother more that you got that warm feeling inside when you did it ;) i just didnt put it into words very well, was more focusing on the point that you were correct to give the 141

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Being the brother in question, I need to amend a few things
A) it was a shot on the side of the googles not hopper, I could not see if it had burst or bounced( had numerous bounces that day due to the weather) so called for a check. Before it is pointed out its a self check area I have been pulled for using my hand to wipe the area and check before, so if I can't see it I call for a check.
B) As far as I was aware as long as you freeze you are not having an advantage, I stayed posted but was not going to pull trigger until called clear
C) the front of the rotor is notorious for getting shots and not giving the player any spray there were 3 instants alone at Bricket Wood this weekend, it is grey area that will remain as I always see self check area is something you can feel.
D) my real issue with refs is being static do not stay on the side lines all game the player can be shot from both sides so they need checking.
E) bro was probably getting me back for shooting him at the start gate or 141 over the years lol, but I did just walk and then call him a cock after
a) agreed, i would have called a ref for that as well for that very reason
b) depends how strict the refs are and how they have been told to ref, far safer to point your gun down rather than freeze
c) the whole 'self check AREA' thing is kinda out the window these days, if there is a hit and you are playing then the rules say its a 141 regardless....the nose of hoppers yeah some of them dont spray as much but if you dont feel the hit you can usually hear it. there will be the odd time when you truly don't have a clue that you are hit but for ever time that happens 50 players will try and tell a ref that it came off the bunker etc... so the ref is gonna give the penatly
d) agreed defiantly, refs need to be looking at as many players as they can and working as a team also so that when they are looking cross field they can see the players near them and also the players opposite, the ref on the other side needs to then cross up their line of sight so that both sides of the players are covered, unfortunately for domestic events there often isn't enough refs to have them lay in the middle as well, so we have to make do by trying to get the best view we can and fill the gaps with the ultimate and anyone else not watching a set area.
e) lol shooting team mates in the start gates always makes me chuckle