Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Opinions on Markers for beginners and pros

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
To a beginner, nothing, just to try as much as he can, and get an idea of what he want, then look for it second hand. Etha, Minis, Axes, Geo2 (great option now that can be upgraded with IV core bolt), DM11, something cheap and in good condition will do.

For a PRO, he should already know, and all the top brands got great options to choose. If he is PRO, he will probably got an sponsorship and is tied to a brand.

sammyr

Aug 13, 2014
Hampshire
Im looking at getting an X7 Phenom, is this a good marker for woodsball/scenario?

im a beginner looking to do lots of walk-on days.

Last edited:

shaunyo

Aug 20, 2014
Tamworth
X7 was made for woodsball/scenario so would be a great choice as long as you definitely won't be playing speedball

Llexas

Jun 1, 2012
Vilnius, LTU
For me it was (3 years ago) 07 Proto PMR- reliable and simple electronic marker. Actually it works perfectly till now. Good for woods, acceptible on air field (not in PRO league- dfntly).

NoobCannon

Aug 19, 2014
Just picked up a mini gs for my first marker. Wanted the added warranty piece of mind of a new item. Also a marker like the mini is at home in the woods and on the fields whereas a woods ball type marker may be to cumbersome to use in some environments (depending on your choice obviously)

What ever you buy im sure it will be fine, theres enough friendly advice and expertise on this forum to help you thru any problems you may have.

Steve

Zondo

One of eight bosses
Aug 31, 2014
United States
For your first marker... I'd say mech. Something that you can learn the basics of how to take care of and something that is going to stand up to a beating. Don't invest too much until you are ready to take the plunge.