The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
Has any one actually been elected though, i was under the impression they were all temporary positions until an AGM was held, i'm not currently a member so i'm not upto date on the happenings of the UKPSF.
BOD, you are right and I stand corrected, I've just check the UKPSF web site and the committee was not elected but stepped in to and I quote "It was decided to form a Council of acting members in order to progress the work of the Federation, rather than having to wait for the next AGM to make a start."

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
For all you stat fanatics, this thread is unique. It has exceeded every other thread I can think of.
As of a minute or ago, we had over 15,000 views in 4 days.
That's insane, it's also encouraging because it means this thread has sufficient gravitas behind it to really effect change. A change for the better.
This thread will hopefully act as a diuretic and help flush away a piece of excrement that has soiled our beloved sport for far too long.

Reactions: UKBall and phil-boy

rexy

Northern Alliance
Jul 5, 2012
Northampton
There was an open invite to attend the original committee meeting, I believe it was at that meeting that the committee was formed and temporary roles given to people based on what they can bring to the ukpsf, whether it be retail, organiser, field owner experience within paintball to also other qualifications that are/could be useful to have within the committee such as higher level heath and safety qualifications or experience/training of litigation.

Was also at that meeting that Steve bull decided to step down after countless years working for the good of paintball.

It's all up on the ukpsf Facebook page.

For me personally I'm glad there's a player's committee, nice to know that players themselves have a voice to raise issues to, rather than it being just a couple of people who may not have the time or are too busy looking at a trade point of view.

Oh and most importantly, the committee is an UNPAID position. I'm glad that they are giving up their time to help the sport overall, plus the total number of years experience between them is mental.

As for that statement to the ukpsf, I'm disgusted with the contempt shown towards players, it's the players that put the money into his pockets at events, pre ordering tickets, buying from his store. Without players doing this it'd be over.

True colours shown I think in that statement by him.

HeLLz-Spawn

Sep 30, 2014
Am sitting on the fence about all of this as I haven't really had any dealings with the man but what I did notice was someone saying drop it think of his kids
well what if it goes the way everyone is saying .
it the kids in all those sponsored teams I feel sorry for as its them thats goin to get caught in the fall out thro no fault of their own

Last edited:

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
What galls me the most is dim attempting to sit on a high horse and accuse others of unprofessional conduct. Setting that one double standard to one side briefly, by it's very definition professionals get paid for what they do, the UKPSF do not. I hope the UKPSF decides to disassociate with him completely and recommend to all of it's members that they do not recommend barnett/shoreline events anywhere in the UK or abroad.

Asides from that, for barnett to give out about someone else calling names is beyond ludicrous. We're talking about a man who banned a player with psoriasis from his event saying he didn't want that "flaky ba$tard" blowing all around the other players. Of course he'll deny it but there are witnesses, very credible ones.

From what I've heard of him and the very little dealings I've had personally I'm amazed the guy hasn't been hospitalized at an event, in fact I'd go so far to say that I admire the people who showed incredible restraint in his presence.

Last edited:

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
So Tim the UKPSF should only be made up of traders should it? In what way would that represent the interests of the players? Would we benefit from cartel style control of prices? Would we benefit from membership being complusory if you want to play at any of the trade members big games? Should only management be allowed to occupy senior positions in a workers union because the shop floor workers "don't understand how a factory should be run, they should just be happy they still have jobs"?

The post of Tim's text that Dusty has put up reminded me that recently tim announced he would be "supporting the UKPSF" by offering a discount for members attending big games and if you were not a member you'd get a "free" membership as part of the enterence fee for the first one you attended every year. I can see how that would benefit the UKPSF, they get more membership, I can see how it benefits Shoreline, they can plaster their support all over their adverts, but what does it cost Shoreline? Nothing, they just put the price up by the cost of a membership.

sneakysnorkels

Jun 18, 2009
www.sneakysnorkels.co.uk
It's not even that CF, the ukpsf has been giving out free membership all year, so the offer is of nothing special or extra. They are giving you nothing free. And if the event price goes up, you are actually losing money to get a free service.

Reactions: Canon Fodder

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
I think we need to be careful here , these are standard business practises used universally , I have used similar promotional exercises myself and there is nothing wrong with this as long as you are not ripping people off .

I seem to remember the PA saying that you had to be a UKPSF member to play one year ..I don't remember if it was enforced as I am a member so didn't question it . Show support but also get your name mentioned ...

We need to differentiate on this thread , if you want to be taken seriously avoid the 'hating' on everything Shoreline/Tim does , they have undoubtedly made a lot of ballers very happy and those that don't care about the ethics of this will just see it as another petty internet squabble,.

if you believe what people are saying, and let's be honest the circumstantial evidence and here-say are stacking up ..then use your own moral compass but remember this is exactly that not the foundations of a court case..

As soon as this is looked on as a hater thread it loses all credibility, if you genuinely want people to notice stick to the statements made by those who are involved and ask yourself what they have to gain by going public ?

You can always argue the industry peeps benefit from no more Shoreline , but the individuals ?? ...petty revenge all round ? Really?..

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Wasn't directed solely at you snorks...more a general warning to all...if this thread is to put across an argument that some may believe some may not it has to be credible and avoid the internet habit of descending into a slagging match.

Difficult to judge maybe .....or just pacifist BS altogether....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.