Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarFighters

Aug 1, 2013
If the UWL guys want to retain UWL in the UK they need to make an official statement that shoreline whatever is not the appointed rep. They need to stop ****ing about and do it fast.

Until then anything else is unproven speculation.

Barnett is making advanced sales off the UWL brand.
With no statement from the owners he can sell the places.

This will only cause issues for the new promoter as players are buying tickets. Delaying is only putting nails in the UWL coffin. If Barnett is off as the promoter then that MUST be made clear, they can then goof around at selecting a new promoter at their leisure. They are aware that sales are going on right? Bloody ridiculous to ignore it.

Personally I don't care who runs it in the UK as long as Barnett doesn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: H and MoneySings

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Dave, the fact that Tommy hasn't yet posted doesn't necessarily mean anyone is indulging in speculation - I agree that if I, or anyone else was saying what I've been saying without talking to Tommy, then that would be speculation but any statements I have made, are after talking with Tommy directly on the phone ....

I just don't think it's high enough on his agenda at present and that's maybe because Richmond is paying his wages and he feels he has to focus on that leastwise that's the impression I get, and rightly so !

Now, I know this doesn't help the situation in regard to our players in the UK but this is what's happening, I'm not in control of this situation ... but I just got an email back from the person Tommy is primarily talking to and I've emailed him again ten minutes ago to see if he's interested in taking it over.
If he is, great, if he isn't then I'll get involved inasmuch as trying to find someone who would be willing to take it on.
Dave, trust me on this, it's not speculative, Tommy isn't having anything to do with barnett again, I guarantee that, 100% mate.

barnett is merely taking advantage of the situation by getting in first, that's all, he has no mandate, no authority and no right to use the UWL name.

Reactions: WarFighters

Kyrne

Feb 9, 2010
Doesnt change the fact if a few teams drop down a few £100 to Timbo, thats going to be less people playing the "real" UWL. Which in turn will hurt it.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Kyrne, I agree, it will, and it's unfortunate but I just received an email from Mr X and he's messaged Tommy to try to hook up and talk later today.
If they do, we'll presumably have an answer tomorrow sometime but it may not be the complete answer inasmuch we have someone who is taking the UWL over.
If Mr X doesn't want it, then the search widens but signs are encouraging because if Mr X didn't want it, then he wouldn't be messaging Tommy to talk later today.

barnett will be sitting like a parasitic vulture taking full advantage of this situation and so it's not an ideal time for the UWL's players/teams because they're left in the middle.

I just hope Tommy gets proactive in sorting this out because in all fairness, this should have been done some months ago and if barnett finds himself in a situation whereby he can take full advantage of this vacuum, then any players who might be persuaded to play under barnett's promotion then they leave themselves open to inevitably being cheated in some way.
Any one of those events could prove to be the one where he takes the money and runs ...
I hope it doesn't get to that point .....

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Doesnt change the fact if a few teams drop down a few £100 to Timbo, thats going to be less people playing the "real" UWL. Which in turn will hurt it.
I'm gonna speculate that anyone who's handed money over to SL at this stage is probably one of their insiders and would be signing up regardless of wether TB had the rights to the UWL or not.

Reactions: Spikerz

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
H, I agree mate and I'm glad we managed to let everyone know before they had handed over any of their hard-earned cash to barnett.
I think most people will wait to see what happens - Ive had several text messages this afternoon from Tommy because I just wanted to make sure he realised the importance of his league in terms of teams and players who wish to participate here in the UK.
He responded by letting me know the UWL is in fact, an important part of his interests. He's gonna be flying to Costa Rica to run a UWL event there and so I think we can safely assume that the league is pretty high on his agenda.
That's good to know from all our perspectives.
I'll let tou guys know as soon as I have anything to tell you.

SwollenBallz

Aug 12, 2015
UWL Tommy needs to seriously find just 5 minutes to release a simple statement because whilst there continues to be a delay, more of this will follow..........

Yet More Shoreline UWL Scam.jpg

Kyrne

Feb 9, 2010
I do agree but someone above made a point. Most if not all of the teams would play the event if it was UWL or not.

mikey1975

Morning Wood Walking Dead
Oct 2, 2009
Stockport
From the players point of view. All we want to do is play. someone just needs to pull there finger out organise it and get on with it. no point moaning when people use tim if there's no other option.
Only speaking as I've played UWL for the last 2 years. Currently waiting to see what happens so something needs to be made public and soon imo

Status
Not open for further replies.