The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Axford

Northern Devils Captain #89
Nov 14, 2013
Greater Manchester
Ash, per unit volume, water weighs a lot more than air...
Both water and air are many orders of magnitude heavier than the object / phenomenon I'm referring to.
Unfortunately though, it's not as straightforward as that, the phenomenon I'm on about doesn't weigh a thing when it's standing still which is handy because generally speaking, it never stays still.
Making matters worse, it only ever has what's called a relativistic mass because it's not as if you can go down Sainsburys and get it weighed at their meat counter.
It's tasteless, it's formless, it's odourless, It's virtually weightless.
It can harm you, it can heal you, it can even make you more attractive but it can also kill you .........
Time?

Reactions: Collier

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
Sorry, been away a while and come back to this. I think I got it. Pretty easy once it clicks.

Quite a good cryptic clue as well. Just realised its been here since last Wednesday.

I've been off work since Wednesday and spent all of my time out in the garden, still building my outbuilding 'bungalow'.

Sent you the answer and explanation @Robbo. Let me know if correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spikerz

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Lordy, lordy, lordy, you guys really are gonna kick yourself when you realise.
As for time?
It fits some of my clues but as far as I know, time doesn't weigh anything, relativistic or otherwise.
As for gravity?
Nah, it doesn't fit all the clues but both are pretty good guesses I suppose.

Thankfully Dusty and Gadget pulled the curtains back to reveal the answer, or at least part of the answer.
The general class described is light.

As we all know [hopefully all] light is made up of electromagnetic waves that go from about 3 hz on the electromagnetic spectrum up to the highly energetic gamma rays of about 10 exahertz frequency which for the curious minded is 10 to the power 19 hertz.

Get in the way of that and you're gonna be toast.
However, this is all fine and dandy, what the hell has this gotta do with our mystery man?

Well, tucked away in that light spectrum is what we know as visible light which goes from the lower infrared up to the ultra violet.
The visible light is only an extremely small fraction of the light spectrum but within that fraction lay all the colours we can see as visible light.
Each colour can be represented by its wavelength, its frequency and its energy.
And so, the three pairs of numbers we started with merely specified the values of a particular colour within that visible spectrum.
And as I was writing this out, I received the correct answer.
Dusty and Gadget broke the back of the problem but just fell short of coming up with the eventual answer.
That accomplishment fell to Mick, RebelTackleberry.
I'll reveal all later today but in the meantime, a big fat congrats to all three guys but Reb takes the winner's medal.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Ha! I guessed it last Thursday, but without using Robbo's clues, so that put me out of the running.

Under this guy's leadership, UWL will be ****ing awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.