The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I have never had a beer with him or ever been to his house or whatever you might think of me.
So why are you getting involved, to give off about people getting involved?

All I tried to do was help with legal matters.
Are you a legal professional?

stop telling the new people that your the new god and your word is the truth.
At what point did anyone say this??

Contrary to above posts I have seen him say that all of this is wrong on many posts on FB.
Oh, well, that's that all sorted out then!! As long as he says it well, his "word is the truth", it must be because you're coming on to this forum and telling us so.

We shall ignore the first hand accounts of the many people who've got legitimate and documented complaints then. They must ALL be liars.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Ahhhh, is he going???
Shame .... don't slam the door but wait a minute here - didn't he get barred from entering the US for a drug charge he was supposed to have had - I heard two accounts, once was for dealing sniff [that's bad] and the other was for dealing puff ... the latter seems to have been confirmed and so we can ignore the former for the time-being but either way, if he's been dealing drugs, he can't get into the US.
Perhaps he really means he's not going to the US as in United States
but the US as in Up the Swanny ..... No passports required for that ...

Reactions: Ashfire and Dusty

Snow2021

Sep 30, 2014
I may be wrong here but can you not still enter the us with a waiver if you apply via the american embassy instead of the normal E.S.T.A and providing the embassy is relativley happy that you have kept your nose clean there would be no issues in gaining a visa to travel

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I may be wrong here but can you not still enter the us with a waiver if you apply via the american embassy instead of the normal E.S.T.A and providing the embassy is relativley happy that you have kept your nose clean there would be no issues in gaining a visa to travel
Snow, I'm not sure on that but I kinda think if you have a drug conviction, you're gonna get a thumbs down unless you are some sort of celebrity as was Mick Jagger when he got his drug conviction.

Maybe, in barnett's head he is such a celebrity and he believes he will be treated as much but I'm afraid life [and US Customs] doesn't always conform to that notion of self-importance, we shall soon see ....

PS Oh, I've just seen you have opened a new account with which to post, either you're a sleeper or politically sensitive, which is to be young man?

Snow2021

Sep 30, 2014
neither, been watching the forums for a while now and thought about time I registered, and I have been watching this thread since it first popped up and reading a lot of interesting things and sharing with some colleagues who I introduced into paintballing. a lot of revelations mentioned, some to which I heard about and some I have not heard about, and rumors from which have not been mentioned but I can not seem to find anyone to confirm nor deny but given the current testimonies regarding Tim's method of handling I would assume they would be true.

Regarding the US Visa system, only reason I asked as a few years back we were due to be working in Canada but flights were connecting in the US and a colleague had a previous drug related charge but managed to swing it with the embassy, but maybe because we were only travelling through

Reactions: Canon Fodder

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
@Brownie - there's more than this particular 'Support for Soldiers' appeal, let's wait and see on that one.

@Snow2021 - I think you'll find that his stay in the US was transitory on his way to somewhere else who might not have the same immigration policies concerning drug charges - he would have to have shown the required documentation re his transit through the US on that trip.

If t-b really is saying he's going there, then the real intention for him isn't to go to the US at all because he knows full well the US policy on drug convictions, his statement therefore is designed to help bring this whole nightmare to an end - and he thinks he can achieve this by saying he's going abroad in the vain hope the pressure on him abates.

But knowing barnett's personality, it is entirely possible he's gauging his support-base because he's hoping for a lot of people to join hands and declare their undying love and sycophancy in an attempt to change his mind because they need him ....
I'm sure he'll attract a few of his hard-core haemorrhoids to declare their undying loyalty but bottom line is, his support is waning in the background.
When this support transits from the background to the foreground, he'll finally realise the scale of all this.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Great read. I do love to see Pete apply his writing skills. It would appear this guy has the stink all over him...

Here's what I have some experience with:

You can't get a visa with a criminal conviction.
You would first have to get the conviction removed from your UK police record via some kind of amnesty program a lawyer would cook up. Not easy to do, but it's been done before, otherwise the Rolling Stones et al would never have toured the US. Doing it for rock stars is one thing, for a nobody it would be tricky. He has to show it would be beneficial for the tax-man both sides of the Atlantic. Once the record is removed he can go in so long as he's never been refused entry before. If he's been refused its way worse for him. If he chooses not to disclose that he's been refused he faces criminal charges, fines and then deportation.

I have a question (for Pete):
It would appear that this guy has the backing of Ledz at Eclipse - someone who's opinion I trust, and someone with a pretty spotless record in the industry. How is that?

Reactions: H and Dusty

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
@Missy-Q, I'm not gonna answer for Ledz on this one, firstly it would be inappropriate of me and secondly, I don't wanna cause him any problems - he's made a choice and I'm sure he has his reasons for that.
I think there's a lot of testimonial evidence in this thread, and after reading it, people have to make their own minds up - I spoke to someone today at length and he chooses to believe that we're all being manipulated by the industry, me especially, I get described as an attack dog deliberately wound up and directed by industry figures ... who these industry guys are, I got no idea.

The truth is, all of the industry together couldn't make me do a damned thing I didn't want to do.
If I want to do something, then regardless of who might agree, I do it ... and I've done this on many, many occasions when a lot of the industry people would rather I didn't, it's aggravation they really don't need.
I will repeat a previous inappropriate validation of what I've said by stating 100%, on my kids' lives, there is no conspiracy here, there never has been and I doubt ever will, barnett isn't as important he likes to think he is.

I have kicked-started each and every attack on him, I have already stated that on the first time I went for him 4 or 5 years back, several people told me about their suspicions surrounding the charity appeal but not one of them asked me to post a damned thing.

It suits barnett to describe everything as a conspiracy because it then diverts attention away from himself and also provides a back door so's he doesn't have to confront what he's done to people.
barnett has this pathologically inflated notion of self-importance and as such, he really believes our industry fear his presence and are actively conspiring to cause him problems and I assume ultimately, get him out of paintball.
It's a fantasy, a concoction designed to avert responsibility.
I'm not suggesting they would be sorry to see him go but that's more because he's an as$hole than a threat of any kind.

My point here is, if you have an association with barnett, whatever that may be, people do not like to be proven wrong about their choice to do business with them ..especially when it's done so publicly as it has been here, it's an unwanted embarrassment.
And so there's an inertia here, such that some people prefer to stick with their choice, and such that they require a video of the alleged wrongdoing, an accompanying statement which is to be ratified by 3 people, 2 of whom have to be heads of state and the remainder, the Pope's grandfather before they will admit they are wrong about someone ... they think it's loyalty, it's not, it's blind and wilful ignorance.

Personally, I think these type people insult the guys who have decided to come on here and testified their tales of woe .... but it's amazing what one's ego allows you to do in the sense of not wanting to look a bit silly when the evidence begins to migrate into the world of a common-sense judgement.
One thing of note, Missy, we've been to the US many, many times, how long would this thread have stayed up in the US before litigation became involved?
A week, a day, an hour?
And yet, barnett denies all but seeks no legal redress - I'm afraid t-b won't go legal on this because if the statements were put before a judge in a civil action, there would be an assessment done on the basis of probability.
And if there's one thing I've learned about barnett, the guy really doesn't want legal people involved in anything he's doing, either the police, the courts or whoever ... we realised this first time around when he didn't try to sue me over that charity appeal thingy posts ... he knows he can't because he knows he's in sh!t when it comes to proving he did have the correct accounting going on, he didn't as we now know.
He's just gotta sit there and take this sh!t because he did these things ... but according to some, all the people who posted here, they're all liars and conspirers .... surely this must be the case, isn't it?
:/

Status
Not open for further replies.