The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I had dinner with Stephen in Orlando, he filled me in on this thread. In fact I just got back from the Cup and came to check it out. I am also up on Ged's opinion of the guy, I just don't see why, in the face of all this, Ledz wants to get his hands dirty dealing with this character. I know you and Ledz go way back, so I figured you might have insight.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Hi MIssy, I hope all is well in the land of 'fuhk it's freezing', as for Ledzy - I value my friendship with Ledz more than I have a need for him to either justify his association with barnett or pressure him in some way to abandon barnett - I think for me to suggest anything to Ledzy would be inappropriate, I don't have to be responsible for 30 or so people who rely on Ledzy to keep them paid every month.

That must be a huge responsibility for him as you know and I'm not gonna second guess his reasons for his association with t-b or indeed advise him to break off any business ties ... people's responsibility to their staff has to come first here and I have to respect that.
It's very easy for people on the outside to judge people for their associations with someone like barnett - sit in Ledzy's shoes for a while and you may appreciate the enduring pressure he's under when trying to maintain his employees' wage-packets every month.
I'm really lucky in the fact, I haven't got any employees to worry about and so I'm free in having the luxury of being able to attack people such as barnett ... Ledzy isn't so conveniently placed as myself, and so I cannot, and will not judge him.
When are you coming home ?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
PS Missy, it's interesting to note, you mention speaking to Steve, and touching base with Ged recently - both guys are widely respected in our industry.
Ged's reputation of integrity stretches across the pond because of the Angel and of course, Pure Promotions setting up the breakaway NPPL league in 2002.
Ged's one of our founding fathers and would be included in any commemorative Mount Rushmore of UK and world paintball.
I honestly think that if there was a vote to name the most respected Brit of all time in terms of international success ad respect, Ged would either win it or come close.
I think you'd agree with this because of your experience of working with Ged over many years.

And yet, the guy I spoke to [at some length] yesterday would rather believe barnett's defence of accusing an industry-wide conspiracy [which of course must include Ged and all the other posters] than to accept the facts of so many posters in this thread.
It seems this guy I spoke to on the phone finds it easier to condemn Ged & co being part of a conspiracy than to concede what so many people are now saying.
By default, it's describing Ged [and Steve and other posters] as disingenuous [lying by any other name] ... this is of course ludicrous, as you will know.

Now, I'm not gonna name this guy publicly for various reasons, one of which, he has expressed his wish not to be involved anymore in cases like this, I will respect that wish ... however, he's no idiot which makes his opinion extremely difficult to reconcile.
As I said previously, it seems some people have a real problem in accepting the truth much like those conspiracy theorists who claim 9-11 was orchestrated by the US government and the CIA .. its strange, very strange indeed !!
I think, it's an emergent property of having a weak personality which is also fundamentally flawed such that a common-sense 'truth' is subjected to their psychological problems.
It's not just a matter of a difference of 'opinion' here; it runs deeper than that.
It's a bit like when the catholic church of years past denied the earth goes around the sun even though, all the evidence was to the contrary, they put many people to death for suggesting what turned out to be the truth.

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
I had dinner with Stephen in Orlando, he filled me in on this thread. In fact I just got back from the Cup and came to check it out. I am also up on Ged's opinion of the guy, I just don't see why, in the face of all this, Ledz wants to get his hands dirty dealing with this character. I know you and Ledz go way back, so I figured you might have insight.
You should have come said hello missy, I was in the empire booth or on the field with the empire guys for most of the week. Did not see a massive fat black woman around though :)
There were a lot of people talking about this particular post though, me included.

Reactions: Dusty

ant333

May 27, 2013
Ive been playing ball for a little over a year and heard nothing but bad things about this individual. One thing im unsure about is what he's directly involved with, I know obviously Shoreline but Im not 100% on the rest. Does he run any tourneys in particular? Only asking for the purpose of avoidance as I've joined a new team and we're making plans for 2015.

Thanks

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
heard yesterday that there is supposed legal action being taken regarding all this now? I know as good as any its only illegal if its lies but just wondered if anybody knows first hand whats going on?

Last edited:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Going Legal????

I'd be interested to see what the problem is here, after all, if we take a look at all the people who've contributed to this thread, it would be a very stupid thing to do from barnett's point of view.
Given the way this guy works, there's gonna be more than one skeleton hidden in the cupboards, I know of a couple, and if I know about these, then you can bet your bottom dollar there's a lot more hanging around.

As to why he would wish to go legal is perplexing - if it's because he wishes to protect his integrity, then I'm afraid that's a train long gone ... even without this thread, he had little to no integrity except with his little band of acolytes hanging on for dear life with every bowel movement.

And if he wishes to try and get some money outa me, oh my, he's in for a shock.
The big question now is, if he is going legal then it shoulda been done on the same day as I first posted and not after 42,800 views - I think the time lag says it all.
The thing with barnett is, he actually believes his own hype and as such he thinks he's the smartest mover around but everything he does is so transparent to anybody whose brain is larger than a pickled-onion.
Didn't we hear sometime back that he'd posted he had gone to the police?
That one made me laugh seeing as it's a civil matter and not criminal [at this stage anyway] ..

I think I know what's happened here ... barnett is immersed in his own little world and these last weeks have been torturous for him because he literally detests this lack of control over all the posters in this thread, including myself.
Every morning he wakes up, he has to face up to his blatant incapacity of doing one damned thing about myself or anyone else in this thread.
On top of that, he's got yappers in his ear mumbling:-

'Go timothy, go get him, sue his bald-headed ass off, go beat him up, use your industry power to crush him, oh, nearly forgot, sue him again timothy, make it count mein fuhrer, make him sorry like you been telling everyone you can' ...

Now, I'm sure that advice is both heartfelt and genuine but there is one very slight technical problem with it, he cant do any of those things just mentioned, not one damn thing - he may try to sue me, but the cost of such an action would prove disastrous for him in more ways than one .. and of course, he knows this.

He could maybe fight me, but there's one slight technical problem with that too, he'd lose, miserably, and of course he knows that even though he's been saying different to this for a few weeks but let's not consider such a barbaric method of resolution as that, after all, you do need a couple of oblate spheroids to venture down that road, he hasn't got them anyway.
Also, he has no industry power, even though he tells people he's important, the reality is somewhat tarnished on that point, and it will be even less after this coming month is through unfolding.

All in all, it will prove interesting to see how this all pans out but for my peace of mind, no matter what happens, he cannot undo what's been said in this thread, everyone now knows what he's like.
And on that point, I think I've achieved what I wanted, or rather, what our sport needed.
Paintball has undergone a much-needed enema ... the movement has begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.