The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthro

LEGO 4 Life
Dec 30, 2005
Bristol
Can we not just get to paintball 3.5 already?

Sid is lost in Korea somewhere and Barnett is on yet another ego boost / delete-athon on facebook again

Reactions: Sid Sidgwick

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
It's been over 2 months since this thread was started; I could never have predicted people's response to it and the view-count sits at over 73,000 which in itself, is truly remarkable.

As for what the view-count reveals?
I think it's reasonable to assume, barnett's reputation isn't such a good one at the moment and over the past few years his deeds have leeched into our sport and maybe people just wanted to see him brought to account, or wanted bringing up to date with what’s been happening of late.
I'm not a 100% sure these are the only reasons but I'd like to think people realise that someone like barnett can be made accountable for what they’ve done.
Our industry's track record is pretty appalling when it comes to policing ourselves and so it's left to other parties who've less to lose when it comes to political and/or financial damage.
basically, if the industry won't or can't do it then we have to create a groundswell of opinion on here such that the industry cannot ignore us.
And let's make one thing clear here, all the industry guys check our out forum with little to no exceptions - this is why this forum is able to influence our industry and make changes.

I think, if people who’ve read this thread are genuinely impartial, then they will appreciate that if this thread had never been created, nothing would have been done about barnett or at least very little.

Any negative posts on barnett’s forums, ukscanario.com and talk-tumbleweed.com [Ooops, I meant talkpaintball.com] are quickly snuffed out and so there was never really gonna be an effective public outcry all the time barnett effectively controlled those forums.

But, p8btballer.com is far beyond the control of anything barnett is able to do though he has tried in various ways but as of yet, he remains impotent when it comes to asserting his effluence on myself, ooops, I meant ‘influence’, sorry about that :oops:

And also, the dozen or so people who finally decided that ‘enough was enough’ and posted their experiences, they would never have come forward had this thread not been started on p8ntballer.com.

However, there are still supporters of barnett out there and it's hard to appreciate how these people reconcile this thread with their continued association with him, whether that be as a player at one of his events or any financial association with him.

Most people have read or heard about how Simon Cole was betrayed by barnett, old news I know but as I've said before, Simon is well-respected and for people to discover he was yet another barnett casualty must have shaken people's resolve in maintaining their association with barnett.
I hope it did anyway.

If it didn't, then those who are still connected to him are electing to ignore all that's been posted in this thread but why the heck would people do that?

A couple of reasons, with the most obvious one relating to money, or to put it more cynically, discount prices that teams may get under the misnomer of 'sponsorship' ... it's not sponsorship at all, it's discount pricing as we all know.

And the truth of the matter is, you can get that same level of discount if you haggle a team deal with most of the paintball companies around now.
barnett is not, and has never been a philanthropist and so these ‘deals’ he’s dishing out are for a purpose made more acute by the present situation he now finds himself in.
People’s decision to remain associated with barnett suggests they are shelving their principles in favour of saving a few quid which on the face of it, looks a pretty cheap thing to do but hey, it's a free world :/

I fully appreciate that some people aren't as well off as others and so any discount is welcome but surely there comes a time when people's principles begin to engage in the light of realising what sort of person they are dealing with …..I’d like to think so anyway.

Mind you, these particular people cannot account for all his supporters, the remainder may have been taken in by barnett when he accuses the industry of conspiring against him thus making out he's a victim, awwww poor, poor timothy :/
Unfortunately, the truth is somewhat different and the only reason people are against him is because barnett has done something to merit that attention from people .. but you'll notice that barnett is constantly attacking the people behind the allegations and hardly ever deals with these people's accounts directly.

And whenever a thread like this has erupted before, we got the usual cast of malcontents bemoaning my decision to go for barnett and attack me but not this time ..... there has been a conspicuous decrease in people taking barnett's side this time.
I don’t know whether they get tired of it all or maybe the reason is because they’ve now realised what barnett is all about, and for them, it’s a lesser of evils - I hope it's the latter.

For those who believe he really is a victim of an industry conspiracy, they must be awfully gullible individuals if they fall for that one ….
And so, where do people draw the line with respect to, how low does barnett have to stoop before people invoke their principles?
barnett will try and get as many teams onto this discounted scheme for obvious reasons, he's in desperate need for 'friends' and maybe I'm being cynical in believing some people value a few quid over whatever elasticated ethics they may adopt but bottom line is, it's their choice, and they have to live with it.

As for where all this is going?
It's obvious barnett is hurting, that's undeniable but it won't cripple him, not yet anyway.
I'm waiting for someone to give me barnett's head on a plate in the form of even more disgraceful deeds and I think it's merely a matter of time before that someone delivers his head to me ... as to the identity of that 'someone' ?
I don't wanna give too much away at this point but his initials are tb ....

His recent attempt to divert the discussion westward to Pbnation flopped embarrassingly and it was quite painful to watch as those guys ripped him a new as$hole.
He was doomed from the start because he has no paintball pedigree of note, he has achieved absolutely nothing in our sport, he has no sporting references - all he's got in terms of significant internet presence are the threads about him on p8ntballer.com that have been up for the last few years, he may have promoted a few events but a lot of people have done that.... he took a gamble in trying to get the Pbnation guys on his side but it back-fired - but he was desperate for allies, albeit virtual ones.

I'm in no way suggesting I'm anything special but at least the Pbnation guys knew something about me thankfully and so barnett's attempt to move the discussion across the pond to the US was doomed to fail – barnett’s ego wouldn’t allow himself to think he would be treated as he was, after all, in barnett’s delusional mind, he’s paintball’s white knight, not its pariah.

His recent interview and video were made to try and offset the cr@p he’s been responsible for in this thread but they were not only ineffective, they were acutely embarrassing because he just doesn't seem to realise people ain't fools and no matter what someone like him might say, his deeds will always override anything he’s said in terms of defending himself.

The sheer post-mass of testimonial evidence in this thread is overwhelming, and readers of this thread have for the most part put aside any prejudices and judged barnett within the remit of this thread, and rightly so !!
I don't know what the final damage report will be for barnett but I do know this much, someone like him cannot change, it's not in his psychological make-up to even accept responsibility for the slightest of misdemeanours let alone for the depths he plumbed when trying to disgrace Pete Russell.
In that act alone, he committed, what in my opinion, was the single most appalling act against another baller I've ever heard of - I honestly cannot think of another act in paintball's chequered history that comes anywhere near that single act of depravity.
But as we now know, that act was just one of a series of heinous attacks on people who fell foul of him.

And so we can rest assured that if barnett were to be left to his own devices, then he’ll carry on being an as$hole to people as he has been doing these past years.

My message to barnett …
timothy, listen to me - you may tell all your obsequious little haemorrhoids that the industry is conspiring against you etc ... but sooner or later, that excuse is gonna start losing traction and when it does, what you got lined up for your next excuse?
Providence?
Divine intervention?
.... or maybe even the Sugar-Plum fairy?

After all timothy, it couldn't be that the aggrieved parties in this thread were actually telling the truth, now could it ?
Of course, in your head, they're all lying or conspiring against you .. but as we both know timothy, they're not, you are the problem, not them, or me, it's been you all along ti ‘mo’ thee….

In the history of paintball as documented on forums like this, barnett's thread is unique in terms of just how many people want to see his particular train-wreck.
Also, his deeds are unique, nobody I know of in our sport has ever plumbed the depths barnett has in pursuit of trying to disgrace a fellow baller .... it seems fitting at least, that this thread will remain here for posterity and as an example to others, you just cannot keep fuhkin people over; eventually, you will be summoned to paintball's high-court of justice to account for deeds done which is exactly what's happening here.
This thread bears some of the hallmarks of a witch-hunt but the truth is, it’s someone being bought to account for all the bullying, threatening and double-dealing he’s now become synonymous with.
If anyone had been sitting on the fence re what’s been going on in this thread for the last couple of months then surely there can now be little doubt as to what's the real problem here.
barnett’s the problem .. nobody else.
And certainly not the people who broke their previous silence concerning what barnett had done or said to them.
And it ain't me .... though barnett will always try to sell it as that because if he can attack someone as against dealing with the issues that have been raised, he then buys himself breathing time .. I'd like to think that somewhere down the line this thread will choke the fuhk out of him - metaphorically of course :whistle:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
barnett doesn't like having to admit to people that he's unable to do one damn thing about me and so his short-term answer is always gonna be a lie of some description.
He's told various people he's got the police involved as well as telling people he's going to sue me - and on at least one occasion he's said he's going to get me 'sorted out' which should by all accounts prove interesting because I know damned well he won't be able to do it personally but let's see what happens with that one ... it's a road that better remain 'less travelled' as far as he's concerned - it opens the door for some nasty things to come crawling out .. and I'm not so sure barnett could stomach any of it.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Alright you 'orrible lot , I has been called in to monitor this thread as some very serious allegations have been made against a fine and upstanding member of the paintballing community (I take it that's what you nerds call yourselves)...without some of your common n garden actual evidence this nonsense must cease and desist ,I put it to you that these accusations are purely circumstantial and you should ignore the dozen or so people who each independently suggested there may be a problem with aforesaid individual...we are taking screenshots of all user names on here and with the help of the admin will soon be knocking on doors and dishing out some traditional British policing using some very American equipment.

The one called Robbo is under specific scrutiny and I feel will only be getting snout this Christmas.....the one called Bon is already imprisoned on a charge that... lets say.... involves a lot of solitary..

You have been warned...

PS.. If anyone hears anything suspicious please contact us on 999, which is exactly how many spare Shoreline event tickets we have available in gratitude for any evidence that leads to prosecution.

Status
Not open for further replies.