Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I've heard from a reliable source (I've accumulated a lot of these lately for some reason) that the much-heralded, much-advertised barnett' s fight club wasn't much of a fight at all, more a bit of a damp squib.

For the UK' s premiere, most-successful, self-proclaimed messiah of our sport, the event failed to reach the predicted heights of participation.
It was billed as a 'Capped at 40' showdown implying there'd be a deluge of interest necessitating the limitation cap at 40.
Wow !!!
People must have been so enthralled at the prospect .......... well, but for one slight technical point - unfortunately, the players weren't that impressed at all and the fight club was only able to dribble in 17 players and some of these were brought along to pad the numbers out lest it got too embarrassing.
He couldn't even manage half- full .... or was it half-empty?
Either way it hovered precariously on the edge of a loss-making event

And seeing as barnett is always telling everyone stupid enough to listen to him that he's the UK' s most successful promoter with attendance numbers at each event going through the stratosphere .... according to him of course ... :/
It's hard to reconcile with those numbers entering his events these days - he's already cancelled one event through lack of interest and now this ....

I'd be thinking that something's wrong here but as long as barnett is left alone to ponder his own predicament, there is absolutely no chance that he'll be able to recognise the true problem ..... himself :/
Which by the way is somewhat reassuring for a lot of us ....

He's always telling everyone how great his events are and having to turn people away but it seems the truth is somewhat different.
Either barnett is talking bollox again or more likely, he's talking bollox again ... take your pick on that one.

People are making their views known in the best possible and most effective way, they really do not relish the notion of putting money into the back-pocket of a specimen like him, it's as simple as that.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Me too - though I doubt very much he'd be on his own for very long - not that he'd need any of us but I don't see why he should have all the fun :)
Jay [Buddha 3] could dent an anvil ...

And I doubt Jim [Dusty] could remain a spectator for too long either ... he's got his own Tae Kwon Do club and so we [p8ntballer.com] would be well represented in that department ... if only :/

Reactions: Buddha 3 and Dusty

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I think we're all well aware of the popularity of this thread which came as a surprise to me and I think for most people: it's sitting at over 78,000 views which in my mind suggests the possibility of a 100,000 views thread.
Now that would be something to write home about.....
I've always maintained that barnett is his own worst enemy inasmuch as he just can't stop himself from acting like an arrogant prihk.
And the reason he can't stop himself is because he thinks that everything he does is the right thing to do or it's in some way, justified. ... according to him that is.
The truth of the matter is, some of what he does is viewed by a lot of people as anti-social at best - at worst, it's plain vindictive.
He just doesn't see it though ....

From my point of view, it's great because for as long as he keeps lining them up, I'm gonna keep shooting him down ....
I don't have to do one damn thing but wait ... sooner or later, yet another revelation is gonna surface and I can aim it straight back at him.

He must get so frustrated with it all because he can't get a handle on it without facing up the fact he's a born prihk ... not an easy thing to accept for a lot of people but it's much worse for a textbook megalomaniac such as he.
Fate and karma can exact their revenge in many different ways and the timing for their intervention is always surprising, leastwise to the person in question.

I don't know for sure but maybe next week Father Christmas will bring us an early Xmas present.
If there's any justice in the paintball world, it will manifest itself soon enough but I'm gonna resist the urge to speculate or count those chickens - they say that 'patience is a virtue' - they also say that 'the best things in life are worth waiting for' .... But surely the waiting part is fun, isn't it Mick .... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.