The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
I still
I'm afraid barnett will NOT be allowed to sell or provide paint for anyone let alone his teams.
We are pleased to say we are in the exclusive position in being able to categorically stsye that barnett is NOT one of the accepted paint sponsors snd I'm pleased to let people know that contrary to some people's declarations that I was right all along in stating he was never gonna be in a position to sell or provide paint for anyone.
This is 100 % confirmed no matter what anyone else may say.
I'm yet to see anything that has said that this is a result of Tim. I struggle to believe, especially after playing the series, that the Millennium series would turn down money because of dealings with a retailer.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Dave does it have anything to do with the CPS post that was made?

From only looking at posts:

Looks like Valken corp pulled out of CPS to go to Mills, was told to go through Shoreline...then that fell through, and HK grabbed up the Valken spot for mills. To avoid a conflict of interest maybe Valken had to drop CPS to get onto the Mills roster for paint sponsorship, but was too late, and it fell through? The CPS folks definitely mentioned Shoreline in their post though which seems...damning.

Again this is taken solely from the posts I've seen and I have 0 insider knowledge that others may have.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I'm afraid Dave, I got told about an hour or so ago that barnett won't be handing anything out at Millenniums this year contrary to what some people have been saying.
This was never about money Dave .... there are many different factors here and it's not just a one-off reason as to why this situation has arisen.
Anyone can speculate as to why it has gone down this road but I honestly believe that barnett's actions haven't helped his cause but as for whether it was the defining reason?
I can't say ...it would have been factored in at some level I suppose.
Steve Baldwin, joint owner of the Millennium called me to confirm that I can now announce the three successful paint sponsors are Gi, Empire and HK and there's no room at the inn for our little friend barnett which is exactly what I've been saying all along.
And I just went and looked in the mirror in my hall and as of yet, there's no egg on my face .... not even close !!
I got a feeling though, barnett now has a big-ass omelette slapped right across his face and he's endeavouring to divert attention away from the fact his past behaviour / involvement has affected [in some way] the outcome of recent proceedings.
If I was barnett, I'd be looking over my shoulder as to what might be coming my way .... he really is a liability - an expensive one at that !

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
I'm afraid Dave, I got told about an hour or so ago that barnett won't be handing anything out at Millenniums this year contrary to what some people have been saying.
This was never about money Dave .... there are many different factors here and it's not just a one-off reason as to why this situation has arisen.
Anyone can speculate as to why it has gone down this road but I honestly believe that barnett's actions haven't helped his cause but as for whether it was the defining reason?
I can't say ...it would have been factored in at some level I suppose.
Steve Baldwin, joint owner of the Millennium called me to confirm that I can now announce the three successful paint sponsors are Gi, Empire and HK and there's no room at the inn for our little friend barnett which is exactly what I've been saying all along.
I just went and looked in the mirror in my hall and as of yet, there's no egg on my face .... not even close !!
No I get that Barnett won't be handing out anything at Millenniums. But my understanding is that Shoreline, like any other retailer, handles sponsorship on behalf of a company. BZ for Dye for example. So I don't get why this keeps coming back to him.

To continue with that analogy; What I don't understand is why the Millenniums would (remember following my above analogy) would pull Dye from the events on behalf of a squabble with BZ. I can't see it being to do with TB, but **** it, I've given up caring today after having my clutch go.

I've got my theory that, like the CPPS, Millenniums have seen 3 brands of paint as just enough to breed competition, but little enough to be able to dictate prices.

Dave does it have anything to do with the CPS post that was made?

From only looking at posts:

Looks like Valken corp pulled out of CPS to go to Mills, was told to go through Shoreline...then that fell through, and HK grabbed up the Valken spot for mills. To avoid a conflict of interest maybe Valken had to drop CPS to get onto the Mills roster for paint sponsorship, but was too late, and it fell through? The CPS folks definitely mentioned Shoreline in their post though which seems...damning.

Again this is taken solely from the posts I've seen and I have 0 insider knowledge that others may have.

The post in question... From Slava..

So its happened again . You know Valken company helped us out last year . Last year at Chantilly VALKEN France & Belgique signed with Millennium series as new paint sponsor . And then strange things started . Millenium force them to stop supporting CPS . So Valken officially quit from supporting us and we got new supporter Shoreline company from UK . Guess whats happened ? Right . Valken received another email to stop any relations with ... Shoreline company . Which successfully worked with Valken company in UK . Signed over 40% of all UK teams . And whats the end ?
"...Dear Gino, Further to the email sent to you by Laurent on December 10th 2014 and subsequent conference call, your inaction regarding clarification of Valken’s intention to supply paint to teams at the CPS and continued posts indicating the contrary, has now left us with no option but to exclude you from the list of 2015 Millennium Paint Sponsors. Whereas this will mean that you will be unable to supply paint at this year’s series, this does not exclude from being a product sponsor as you were last year. Please advise whether you would like to discuss other sponsorship options for 2015. Regards The Millennium Board ..."
Paintball world is crazy . We will never grow with this behaviour . Never ! So sad
My guess is; Valken didn't see the revenue in CPS so sent a retailer on it's behalf. Nothing untoward there... Millennium obviously saw the CPS as competition.. No idea why, maybe they saw something I didn't.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
oh also; just as added lols - this is the post that Valken EU made shortly before Millennium made their paint vendor announcement. Note; the quote is from Gino, not TB

Pillage and Plunder
Jun 14, 2011
Bognor Regis
"So its happened again . You know Valken company helped us out last year . Last year at Chantilly VALKEN France & Belgique signed with Millennium series as new paint sponsor . And then strange things started . Millenium force them to stop supporting CPS . So Valken officially quit from supporting us and we got new supporter Shoreline company from UK . Guess whats happened ? Right . Valken received another email to stop any relations with ... Shoreline company . Which successfully worked with Valken company in UK . Signed over 40% of all UK teams . And whats the end ?
"...Dear Gino, Further to the email sent to you by Laurent on December 10th 2014 and subsequent conference call, your inaction regarding clarification of Valken’s intention to supply paint to teams at the CPS and continued posts indicating the contrary, has now left us with no option but to exclude you from the list of 2015 Millennium Paint Sponsors. Whereas this will mean that you will be unable to supply paint at this year’s series, this does not exclude from being a product sponsor as you were last year. Please advise whether you would like to discuss other sponsorship options for 2015. Regards The Millennium Board ..."
Paintball world is crazy . We will never grow with this behaviour . Never ! So sad"

what i read into that is that valken got told to stop supporting cps but shoreline stepped in, but shoreline is a valken distributor so in reality valken didn't stop supplying cps as shoreline only supply valken paint

Last edited:

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Millenium force them to stop supporting CPS .

what i read into that is that valkan got told to stop supporting cps but shoreline stepped in, but shoreline is a valkan distributer so in reality valkan didn't stop supplying cps as shoreline only supply valkan paint
Missed that bit where it said millennium forced them to stop supporting. that's logical.

Pillage and Plunder
Jun 14, 2011
Bognor Regis
But if you read bluewaters website it says this..
Bluewater Paintball will be the exclusive distributor for Valken paint, plastic products and soft goods in the UK and Ireland as well as the Sly product line.

So TB would have been at the UK leg of the Mills handing out paint if Valken was one of the 3 suppliers to them, and as Rob put it, would you want him at your event if he's stiffed you in the past, i know i wouldn't so maybe his association with Valken has damaged them on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.